selecting student or racism in Finland?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
sammy

Re: selecting student or racism in Finland?

Post by sammy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't really care if it classifies as racism or not -only pointing out it's not fair play, at least in my opinion... being treated in an inequal manner because of what someone else has done earlier. Just sayin'

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raheleh1368

Post by raheleh1368 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 am

sammy wrote:I don't really care if it classifies as racism or not -only pointing out it's not fair play, at least in my opinion... being treated in an inequal manner because of what someone else has done earlier. Just sayin'

I pleased that you understand my case ! :thumbsup:

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:49 am

Conversation has suffered in your absence, sammy.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:02 am

sammy wrote:I don't really care if it classifies as racism or not -only pointing out it's not fair play, at least in my opinion... being treated in an inequal manner because of what someone else has done earlier. Just sayin'

So let all the people come over to abuse the system because SOME of them are nice and don't do that.

Yay! That warm kumbaya-attitude is so great! How much more taxes _I_ would have to pay to cover the costs?
Assuming you are not native Finn, how about you going to campaign fully open borders policy in YOUR native land and once we have determined how fast the thing collapses we here in Finland keep our system after all and just block all requests from undesirables locations once tendency of system abuse has been determined to be intolerable.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:39 am

Free education in Finland is not a right for the rest of the world.
Finland can restrict the options. And frequent abuse is a good reason to do so.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:46 am

-
Last edited by sammy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:53 am

The "flak" was imho a response to the OP's attitude.
this is not fair!!!!! this is called racism !!!
Playing the racism card will bring you very little understanding.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 pm

rinso wrote:The "flak" was imho a response to the OP's attitude.
And that was pointed out in the very first response to OP:
adnan wrote:Oh no! What have you done?! With your emotional idiocy, now you've baited the other idiots here to post more emotional and senseless comments.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:18 pm

-
Last edited by sammy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 pm

sammy wrote:Hmm, hold your horses... I wasn't saying the border (or studies for that matter) should be open for everyone without any sort of control. Of course it's sensible to screen the prospective students' visa applications. But that's slightly different than categorically denying visas, innit.
No it is not. There is no magic ball that tells about the prospective student's true intentions. Once certain lot have proven to be unreliable, ONLY way to deal with that is categorically refuse visas, period.
All I'm saying is that from the point of view of individual applicants, especially if they are earnestly interested in studying here & do not have any ulterior motives (sceptical is my middle name but still I do believe such people exist) the process is likely to seem quite unfair since they're happily "allowed to apply" by the institutions, but eventually run into this "sorry but we won't allow you to take an entrance exam" thing.
Boohoo. Cry me a river. Perhaps those lot who find themselves in this situation should go find some slackers from their community and beat sense to their heads, as their kind are reason they are refused visa.

School does not decide visas. They just choose based on the applications who can participate in the test. Task of student is to figure out if they can get visa.
People have to stop being stupid and start doing their homework instead of expecting things on silver platter.
If you calmly look at the process from an applicant's point of view, it doesn't always matter one whit whether you're the keenest, the fastest, the most driven and dedicated. And yet the OP got a lot of flak for (supposedly) not having these qualities. What with a few posts raving on about how the OP should have applied for the visa in good time etc. without being aware of how the situation might not depend on anything the OP has or has not done ... all the vitriol just seemed a bit unfair.
It is not unfair. VISA IS NOT A RIGHT!
If you feel like going to someplace, first thing you have to figure out if you can even GET there. You do YOUR work of figuring out the requirements and possibilities BEFORE you apply.
Sadly, foaming at the mouth seems to have replaced discussion as the standard practice here. Only took these couple of comments to see why I buggered off back then. But do please have it your way :)
You get less "foaming" if people stop being stupid and assuming their asses shine gold.
Visas are not denied for sake of being assholes, they are denied because there is a good reason.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Fair enough, Tiwaz et al. I'm sorry I even commented on the whole matter.

---> exit

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 pm

sammy wrote:-I trust you did however understand what I later wrote about the OP not being responsible for the "no visa" situation?
Yes I do understand. But in his first post the OP more or less blamed the university for their lack of action and his visa blockage. His wording suggested that he didn't even try to get the permit but he started playing the victim instead. And yes he's a victim, not of racism or of a disfunctioning system but of his cheating fellow countrymen.

As often here, when you start complaining you'll get a discussion. When you explain your situation and ask questions you'll get answers.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:28 pm

rinso wrote:As often here, when you start complaining you'll get a discussion. When you explain your situation and ask questions you'll get answers.
Excellent summary.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:28 pm

I guess this is why we can't have nice things . . . any more. :(
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:58 pm

according to what enriqiue tessieri tells everything is racism.
No matter what you think or what happens, racism it is.
This selective stuff is racism of course, everything is. Now tell enrigue that you are sorry,,, :)
You just cant be non racist, you are racist because enrique says so.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum