RP application changes. Should I inform the Police?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
tinyoctopus

Post by tinyoctopus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:05 pm

I have a question regarding changes in residence permit extension application while waiting for said application to be processed. I applied for an extension of a student residence permit in mid-December. A couple of weeks ago I was issued a 6 days päiväsakko (and paid it instantly) for what is considered a criminal offense, albeit a minor one. Due to this, my answer to the question about "ever being convicted of a crime and sentenced to a punishment" is different now. Should I report to police about aforementioned changes?

And secondly, will this first-time offense affect me getting an extended permit, providing everything else is fine with my application and there won't be recidivism? Aliens act and other available information is quite ambivalent.. Perhaps someone was in a similar situation? Any info on the subject would be much appreciated - I've been on pins and needles since the incident took place.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic