What laptop do I need for Business IT?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Taimen

Post by Taimen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I got accepted in Business IT in UAS Oulu (maybe there are other people on here who also got accepted there).
Now I'm planning on buying a laptop, which is quite necessary for a study like that. Now my question is; what OS is most practical for that study?
Is a MacBook Pro practical, I like the OS a lot, or should I really go for Windows?

I hope anyone has an idea!

Kind regards,
Tijmen.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: What laptop do I need for Business IT?

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 pm

If you like Mac and you're comfortable with the user interface, then go for it. If you later need to use Windows for some specific school assignment, you can simply use a software called Fusion to run Windows in a window inside your Mac that you can close once you're done with it.

Note: I personally hate Mac and I would never get one because it's overpriced, dumbed down, and has very low repairability.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.