Why RP was refused?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
rhiday

Why RP was refused?

Post by rhiday » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:08 am

One of my friends have been refused study RP because migri said he showed forged bank documents.

Here's what they exactly said, translated from Finnish,
proposed by the applicant bank statement and balance the certificate is asiakirjaväärennökselle typical symptoms. appearing on your statement the bank's logo is not responsible for the bank's real logo. It lacks the logo of the tower pattern completely. In addition, the bank statement is the throwing of the lines. Balance certificate shown in the same account logo is also different from the real. It is stretched, and it has a dark parts of which the logo should be in a real light.
Although there seems nothing wrong with the logo on top of his statement. Other guys got RP with statements from the same bank this year. His statement is very similar with them, but his scan quality is very low. It's even hard to read the numbers. See the bank statement: http://imgur.com/YyDAJGG

We also don't understand what did migri mean by 'bank statement is throwing of the lines' (Lisäksi tiliotteessa on rivien heittelyä). I am not even sure if it's the right translation. Their last point about balance certificate is true. The logo certificate was a bit disfigured than the statement.

I have also statement from same bank, and waiting for my RP result. Can anyone please help me to understand exactly why they have refused the guy? :beamer: :beamer:

Why RP was refused?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: Why RP was refused?

Post by 007 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:48 am

Real question: Is it a forged document? If yes, get out. If no, what is the explaination for discrepancies between two similar documents?

Since noone, I suppose, here knows what the real document looks like, it's difficult to say anything on the matter; however, few lines and texts are clearly misaligned in that document.

If possible, do copy & paste texts in Finnish thoroughly as well. It might help some people understand your situation better.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

rhiday

Post by rhiday » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:56 am

007 wrote:Real question: Is it a forged document? If yes, get out. If no, what is the explaination for discrepancies between two similar documents?

Since noone, I suppose, here knows what the real document looks like, it's difficult to say anything on the matter; however, few lines and texts are clearly misaligned in that document.

If possible, do copy & paste texts in Finnish thoroughly as well. It might help some people understand your situation better.
No, the document is not forged. His bank branch is in a kind of rural area, so I think they just sticked the letterhead on a white page and printed.

Here is what migri told in Finnish:
Tosiseikat
Hakija on hyväksytty opiskelemaan Lappeenrannan teknilliseen yliopistoon Chemical and Process Engineering -maisteriohjelmaan.
Hakija on liittänyt hakemukseensa Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited -pankin tiliotteen sekä samaisen tilin saldotodistuksen.

Hakijan esittämässä tiliotteessa ja saldotodistuksessa on asiakirjaväärennökselle tyypillisiä tunnusmerkkejä. Tiliotteessa esiintyvä pankin logo ei vastaa pankin aitoa logoa. Siitä puuttuu logossa olevan tornin kuviointi kokonaan. Lisäksi tiliotteessa on rivien heittelyä. Samasta tilistä esitetyn saldotodistuksen logo eroaa myös aidosta. Se on venytetty, ja siinä on sellaisia osia tummina, joiden tulisi aidossa logossa olla vaaleita.
Johtopäätökset
Oleskelulupaa ei myönnetä, koska on perusteltua aihetta epäillä, että hakijan tarkoituksena on maahantuloa koskevien säännösten kiertäminen ulkomaalaislain 36 § 2 momentin tarkoittamalla tavalla.
Hakijan esittämiin pankin asiakirjoihin liittyy sellaisia epävarmuustekijöitä, että on perusteltua epäillä asiakirjojen olevan väärennettyjä.
Ulkomaalaislain 39 §:n mukaista toimeentuloedellytyksen täyttymistä ei ole tutkittu, koska oleskeluluvan myöntämisen edellytykset eivät täyty.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 am

so I think they just sticked the letterhead on a white page and printed.
Which makes it indistinguishable from a forged document.
Migri's banner is; "when in doubt; refuse."

Post by 007 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:39 am

The guy presented a bad document (in quality and maybe/maybe not a forged document). You don't need to panic as long as your documents are authentic and not of poor quality even though those are from the same bank. Migri does not seem to suspect the bank itself, which is a great relief for you guys. :P
Last edited by 007 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rhiday

Post by rhiday » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:07 am

007 wrote:The guy presented a bad document (in quality and maybe/maybe not a forged document). Migri does not seem to suspect the bank itself, which is a great relief for you guys. :P

Anyway, no need to panic in your case as long as your documents are authentic and not of poor quality.
Yes... his scan quality is extremely low. Another reason I have identified is his bank stamp is in black and white, which means it's a photocopy. Who scans a photocopy!

It's a quite popular bank in Bangladesh. Lot people get RP with its statement without any difficulty.

My docs quality is hundred times better than his. But I want to know what did migri mean by 'throwing of the lines' or whatever. It would be a great relief :cry:

Post by 007 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:24 am

rhiday wrote:But I want to know what did migri mean by 'throwing of the lines' or whatever. It would be a great relief :cry:
I edited my earlier post.. didn't know that it had been quoted :shock:

Lisäksi tiliotteessa on rivien heittelyä. -> In addition, there's misaligned lines in bank statement (something along the line). Or, literal translation would be: jumpings of the lines. And, it's visible to anyone...look yourself.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Tell him to get originals and send originals.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Here's what I see from that paper:

- In 2016, there's just no way you can get a scan quality like that. Nearly impossible. Even with tools that tribes in the middle of African jungles.
Even if he "scanned" it using a mobile phone camera from a decade ago, the quality would have been incomparably superior. In his scan, you can make out pretty all the information except distinguish logos and specific imperfections in the paper, so this wasn't to conceal private information as he already did that as well.
So, this was 99.9% intentional on your friend's part. That's a red flag.

- Scanning a copy is very dubious. Scanning copies is an old-age technique to uniformly conceal inconsistencies made by forging the paper. That's another red flag.

- Your friend left the staples on before coping or he stapled the papers himself. (See here https://i.imgur.com/aDvKyfV.png). I suspect these are the lines they're talking about. Possibly another red flag, but I don't see how it's justified since many idiots leave staples on before scanning.

- As for the logo of the bank, it looks different to me from the original here or even here or even some other publications of the bank. The logo on the paper doesn't contain the Quranic verse present in the original paper. This is also a red flag, but they might have multiple versions of the logo so it might not be justified.

Given that from that region there's a higher number of visa and RP fraud from Bangladesh than other countries (even, for example, India), the case officer went with his doubts and gave a negative decision. I'd have done the same.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

rhiday

Post by rhiday » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:22 am

Beep_Boop wrote:Here's what I see from that paper:

- In 2016, there's just no way you can get a scan quality like that. Nearly impossible. Even with tools that tribes in the middle of African jungles.
Even if he "scanned" it using a mobile phone camera from a decade ago, the quality would have been incomparably superior. In his scan, you can make out pretty all the information except distinguish logos and specific imperfections in the paper, so this wasn't to conceal private information as he already did that as well.
So, this was 99.9% intentional on your friend's part. That's a red flag.

- Scanning a copy is very dubious. Scanning copies is an old-age technique to uniformly conceal inconsistencies made by forging the paper. That's another red flag.

- Your friend left the staples on before coping or he stapled the papers himself. (See here https://i.imgur.com/aDvKyfV.png). I suspect these are the lines they're talking about. Possibly another red flag, but I don't see how it's justified since many idiots leave staples on before scanning.

- As for the logo of the bank, it looks different to me from the original here or even here or even some other publications of the bank. The logo on the paper doesn't contain the Quranic verse present in the original paper. This is also a red flag, but they might have multiple versions of the logo so it might not be justified.

Given that from that region there's a higher number of visa and RP fraud from Bangladesh than other countries (even, for example, India), the case officer went with his doubts and gave a negative decision. I'd have done the same.
Thanks for the detail analysis! I agree with all your points! But yes, they actually have multiple versions of the logo.

Can you look at my statement for a moment? I hope my one do not have any problem like that: http://imgur.com/64UKya1

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:40 pm

rhiday wrote:Can you look at my statement for a moment? I hope my one do not have any problem like that: http://imgur.com/64UKya1
I'm not really an expert, but to me the reading quality looks good.

One thing suspicious is that you deposited 8000 euros middle of May, which is probably very close to you sending your application. In my opinion, this looks very similar to the bank statement fraud usually happening in Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, and several other countries. Red flag.
In these fraud attempts usually the money will be temporarily transferred between accounts for the sole purpose of the RP/visa application then returned back after getting the approval, normally for a "renting" fee.

Also, in the months leading to the large deposit, you had relatively low activity. Very small deposits, no indication of monthly source of income, and then suddenly a large sum of money. Again a red flag.

I don't know what the case officer will think of that. So my advice to you is that if you weren't attempting any fraud in your application, then just wait and see. No need to worry before you hear the decision.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

rhiday

Post by rhiday » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:10 pm

One thing suspicious is that you deposited 8000 euros middle of May, which is probably very close to you sending your application. In my opinion, this looks very similar to the bank statement fraud usually happening in Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, and several other countries. Red flag.
In these fraud attempts usually the money will be temporarily transferred between accounts for the sole purpose of the RP/visa application then returned back after getting the approval, normally for a "renting" fee.
This is the money for my living expenses in Finland. I got it from my sponsor, who has transferred the money from his account to my account. I submitted all sponsor docs including sponsor's bank statement in my RP application, so this is not a problem. :)

My only worry is migri can suspect us after refusal of that friend of mine from the same bank. Other than this, I am confident my decision will be positive.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:26 pm

rhiday wrote:This is the money for my living expenses in Finland. I got it from my sponsor, who has transferred the money from his account to my account. I submitted all sponsor docs including sponsor's bank statement in my RP application, so this is not a problem. :)
The reason I mentioned it is because we get a few people on this forum who got their applications refused for this exact reason.

Let us know how it goes once you get your decision.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 am

I thought sponsors weren't allowed?

leisl

Post by leisl » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:17 am

They are, they just can't be a relative or friend iirc.
Which means that 99% of the time they are complete bull$--- with someone's dad giving the cash to a friend who pretends to sponsor the kid. And as you can understand migri will look over them with a fine-tooth comb and reject anything that even whiffs of a lie. They'll see right through it if they can't see a logical, genuine reason that someone would sponsor (such as, this kid looks like a total medicine nerd so a prominent surgeon decides to sponsor him into medical school, or this kid topped the high school so the local chamber of commerce is assisting with university, etc).