Applying for Student RP from Morocco

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
HajarA

Re: Applying for Student RP from Morocco

Post by HajarA » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:19 am

Hello,

I think I might be able to help as I am Moroccan myself and will be studying in Finland, so I went through this process as well.
As you have clearly mentioned, migri is very specific about the clarification of income document, you indeed need to have a personal bank account set up so they can be sure that the money is yours and you are able to access it. In short, you don't really have another option. Have the account set up and put the money in it ( Be sure not to have the entire amount sent at once, they need to see that the money was there for a while and that you have some kind of regular income).

Now to access the money, as you might already know, as a Moroccan student you have clearance to 2000 euros (if not more) in cash to take with you. Your parents can also send you up to 1000 euros per month for that matter. So your account is a way for them to make you accountable to the documents you send.

I hope this might have cleared the confusion on their system. If your documents are clear and set up correctly there is no reason to worry or panic. Migri has a very efficient and fast system. You should be fine.

PS: It's better to email or call migri. The embassy here wouldn't be able to give you information and they don't take any decisions, it's all up to migri. They actually reply to emails very fast.

Bests,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

AlyR

Post by AlyR » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:23 am

I had a similar situation in Egypt. What I did is I put the money in my account. Get the bank statement. Present it to Migri. Got my RP. Withdraw all the money. Put it in your father's account or whatever.

Hope that helps

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:03 pm

I was in a similar situation, and addressed it a similar way to what the guys here have described.
Money in my account deposited in installments for about a year prior to the application, get RP, take the max in cash (in my case 3000), give my parent the power of attorney to specifically send the maximum allowed (800 in my case) each month to an account in Finland and recipient in my name.

Alternatively, you can go with the easier and trust-dependent option of moving the money to your parent's account so they can send you the maximum monthly allowed to your bank account in Finland.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:59 pm

tulwio wrote:Does the consulate and migri really stress this part ?
It's not a rule.
The rule is that the money is yours and you're not doing visa/RP fraud. The case officer will study your application and part of his job is to know if you're doing fraud or not. Large sum of money very shortly before the application is a red flag.

Read more in my reply here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=92988#p562908
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 pm

You cannot really do much at this point.

Red flags don't mean instant rejection. So just apply and hope for the best. A lot of people get accepted even if they do that. At the same time, many people get rejected when they do that. It's a combination of multiple factors.

Takes 2

Post by Takes 2 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:50 pm

tulwio wrote:Well, I have just received my decision and I have been granted the RP :D :D
I guess I shouldn't have been so worried since my documents were fine.

Cheers lads
Hey thanks for the feedback, I just to ask you when did you submitted your documents at the embassy. Thank you

Takes 2

Post by Takes 2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:56 am

tulwio wrote:
Takes 2 wrote:
tulwio wrote:Well, I have just received my decision and I have been granted the RP :D :D
I guess I shouldn't have been so worried since my documents were fine.

Cheers lads
Hey thanks for the feedback, I just to ask you when did you submitted your documents at the embassy. Thank you
Hey, here you go

7/19/2016 We have received your application and it is pending.
7/26/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.
7/26/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
8/5/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
8/5/2016 A decision has been made on your application.
8/5/2016 The decision can be read on your user account.
Ok thanks for the feedback