ENQUIRY ON PROCESSING TIME

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
drpipespromzy

Post by drpipespromzy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 am

Hello guys, I want to know from you guys as one might been through or might have an experience.

Does it necessarily mean an application must pass through all the three stages on e-service portal before a decision is made or it can stay at the first stage until a decision is made, thus,

1. Waiting for processing
2. In progress
3. Decision ready

Moreover, is it advisable to contact migri on the processing of one's application? Can a status be at the waiting for processing stage for about two weeks even though one might have visit the embassy in a home country? I will appreciate your advise.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: ENQUIRY ON PROCESSING TIME

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:28 am

The only thing known to be consistent 100% of the cases is the order of the stages. Anything beyond that is known to be different between embassies, Migri, Poliisi, different application types, and different cases.
I've seen status tracking stay in "waiting" for months, and then jump to "processing started" and then "decision ready" in one day. Sometimes it's stuck in "in progress" for weeks.

For that reason, if you ask 10 people, you might get 5 different answers.

Anyway, in your case, visiting the embassy doesn't mean that the processing has started. It simply mean that your application has entered the queue. So, it's all normal. Calling Migri won't change anything.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

HajarA

Post by HajarA » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:16 pm

Not necessarily. It took migri 6 working days to make a decision on my application, while it was 'in progress'. It took them less than a week to send the permit to the embassy.

I think you should trust them and try to relax. If something is missing in your application they will let you know. Keep an eye on your application status every day.

Bests,

heippa123

Post by heippa123 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:10 am

Submitted application on enterfinland, and then more than three weeks after that went to embassy to get fingerprints taken. Weirdly, my decision was ready about 36 hours after that. Some other people waited one week from the date of embassy appointment until the day they received the decision.

drpipespromzy

Post by drpipespromzy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:54 pm

How likely is it for one to get a residence permit for studies if the person is not asked of additional documents but migri hasn't Make a decision on it for about two weeks whiles it's in progress and haven't asked for additional documents too?

What is the percentage of getting the RP irrespective of the time migri takes to make a decision?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:56 pm

I recommend not following that line of thought. Each case is different. Two weeks or even a couple of months of processing isn't odd at all.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

spikkkky

Post by spikkkky » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 pm

HajarA wrote:Not necessarily. It took migri 6 working days to make a decision on my application, while it was 'in progress'. It took them less than a week to send the permit to the embassy.

I think you should trust them and try to relax. If something is missing in your application they will let you know. Keep an eye on your application status every day.

Bests,

Hey Hajra, could you please tell me for how many days your status stayed in "in progress" before getting positive decision? moreover, did you get any supplement request in meanwhile.

spikkkky

Post by spikkkky » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Important Query!
Just want to know – is anyone here who got his/her positive decision while staying in “in progress” status for more than 1 or 2 days without supplement request.
Thanks.

Haastrup

Post by Haastrup » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Hey guys good evening, am really glad to have found this forum, please I need information on appeal.

My application was erroneously denied and I want to appeal the decision, please advice me on it

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:57 am

Haastrup wrote:Hey guys good evening, am really glad to have found this forum, please I need information on appeal.

My application was erroneously denied and I want to appeal the decision, please advice me on it
The decision should come with written appeal instructions. You provide so little detail that it's impossible to provide more help.

PS. Do not hijack topics. Start a new one.

Canada11

Post by Canada11 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 am

Hi everyone,
Has anyone received their permit lately? I applied for a permit for an employed person. I submitted mine February 1st and it was been "waiting for processing" for 3 full months now. I am just wondering if the 4 months maximum wait period is really in effect.

Thank you

kaygee

Post by kaygee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi guys, I’m just curious if anyone got a positive decision after application has been “in Progress “ for more than 2 days. I know each case is unique but most get decision with hours. Thanks

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:46 am

Yes

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:18 am

kaygee wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm
most get decision with hours.
No they don't. You just wanked that statement out of your downstairs.

kaygee

Post by kaygee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 pm

:D hahahahhaha this made me laugh. the struggle is real