How long can one study in Finland?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
nfinland

Post by nfinland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:17 am

Hi I have been studying for 4 years now (my program is only 3.5 years) and I have a A permit for 4 yrs already and still have my thesis left. I really want to finish my thesis ASAP and graduate (at the same time, I want to write a good thesis so I can apply to master degree in the future).
I'm working full time and busy during the week. So I'm still not able to make much progress in writing the thesis. I'm thinking of delaying my thesis half a year more.

I wonder if it's eligible for me to do that or do I have to pay anything or will I be kicked out of school?
Last edited by nfinland on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: How long can one study in Finland?

Post by Rip » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 am

So do you have permit as an employed person or are you an EU citizen? You're not supposed to work full time on student permit.

I have to say, I don't know about the current rules (if you don't need to renew a student permit) and maybe somebody else here does (rules (and how they are applied in practice) also probably different for UAS and universities and might vary from school to school), but doesn't your school have some study counselling office where you can ask this kind of things?