IT and BIT

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Urosvoja

IT and BIT

Post by Urosvoja » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:36 pm

Can any of you explain the actual difference, because I would like to apply for IT, and I dont know if I should apply for BIT too since I want more chances to get in. So if I want to study programming and to become a programmer, can anyone explain me the difference?

IT and BIT

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Metikon

Re: IT and BIT

Post by Metikon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:55 am

I'm a student at Laurea studying BIT, and Business Information Technology is half business half IT learning, you will learn some accounting, economics, etc. The core focus though is IT though, and you can specialize in a particular field such as app development or web design for example.(you will definitely be learning coding)

I noticed you also made a post about exams, as for exams the idea is that these are hard enough to require thought, but easy enough that a Lukio graduate can do it.
I will say this though, most universities will post the previous years exam online as a guide for those who are looking to take exams in the current year.
Hope this helps you out.