Student Permit Renewal Query

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
stukl

Post by stukl » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:53 am

Hi, I am a Masters student in Finland. I started in 2016 Sept, but had to go to back to my home country after 3 months due to severe depression. Now I plan to come back to finland and continue my studies. My RP expires in September 2017. I want to ask whether I should go back to Finland and apply for extension or should I just leave and dropout as My ECTS are less than 15. I dont want any deportation related trouble(just a bit scared) in case I go back and apply from there. So would there be an issue?

I'd be really happy if anyone could give a thought on this. Thank you :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Student Permit Renewal Query

Post by rinso » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:51 pm

stukl wrote:Hi, I am a Masters student in Finland. I started in 2016 Sept, but had to go to back to my home country after 3 months due to severe depression. Now I plan to come back to finland and continue my studies. My RP expires in September 2017. I want to ask whether I should go back to Finland and apply for extension or should I just leave and dropout as My ECTS are less than 15. I dont want any deportation related trouble(just a bit scared) in case I go back and apply from there. So would there be an issue?

I'd be really happy if anyone could give a thought on this. Thank you :)
You left the country and didn't make the required credits. That is in my opinion a clear case for a rejection of the extension.

stukl

Re: Student Permit Renewal Query

Post by stukl » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am

Hi, thank you for the reply. Can a medical report stating the issue help me out with the case? As, I complete all other requirements. Just low on ECTS.
As you mentioned in this thread that a medical report / statement from professor can help out.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=95063

and beep_boop stated this
"This is a very normal problem that immigration personnel see all the time. You don't need to worry at all. You will get your student residence permit renewed.

In the additional information field in the application, write a few non-sobby lines about 3 things: The fact that you haven't been able to do as many ECTSs, why you haven't been doing them, and what is your plan to remedy the situation in the next study semester. Be concise and honest. Don't dwell too much on the little details. Also make sure to attach any notes or papers you have from the doctor."

Could there still be a chance of renewal, if i clearly write out my plans for the coming academic year. Thank you and looking forward