Certified copy of degree certificate

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Lavinia

Post by Lavinia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to double check one thing; I have to send a certified copy of my degree certificate, I was thinking to go to Maistraatti, but then I read this from the Uni's website:
Jos tutkinto on suoritettu Suomessa, hakemukseen liitetään tutkinnon myöntäneen korkeakoulun tai kahden esteettömän henkilön oikeaksi todistamat kopiot alkuperäisistä opiskelutodistuksista. Kopioiden tulee olla otettu alkuperäisistä, virallisista dokumenteista. Oikeaksi todistettujen jäljennösten jäljennöksiä ei hyväksytä. Jos todistusjäljennös on monisivuinen, jokaisen sivun tulee olla oikeaksi todistettu sivun oikealta puolelta. Jokaisella sivulla tulee olla todistajan allekirjoitus ja nimenselvennys sekä päiväys. Todistajien tulee nähdä alkuperäinen dokumentti ja sen kopio rinnakkain. Allekirjoituksellaan he todistavat kopion olevan muuntelematon jäljennös alkuperäisestä dokumentista.
I assumed maistraatti is official enough, but here it says two unbiased signatories? What do you reckon? Is maistraatti enough?

Cheers if you know

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

harakka

Re: Certified copy of degree certificate

Post by harakka » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:38 am

Yes, two unbiased signatories should be enough, if the degree is from a Finnish university. The last time I needed to have a certified copy of my degree certificate, I just asked the school (where I graduated from) to certify it.

betelgeuse

Re: Certified copy of degree certificate

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Lavinia wrote:I assumed maistraatti is official enough, but here it says two unbiased signatories? What do you reckon? Is maistraatti enough?
Maistraatti and two signatures are of equal value.