Nursing degree in English, is it a good option

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Peach7

Post by Peach7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey everyone.
I am from Tunisia and I moved to Finland last January to live with my husband. We live in Kuopio.
I have studied medicine in my home country but I didn't finish it so I dont have the degree.
I am learning Finnish for now, I am taking a part in this accelerated online integrational program.
But well, I found this bachelor degree of Nursing in Savonia, which is taught in English.
Do you think it is a good option? Would I have a chance to be employed if I go for it?
I know that studies in Finnish would give me better chances for employment, but I am quite discouraged about that since they require a B2 level of Finnish which is quite hard to attain. Most integration courses reach at most B1 level. Do you have any idea how is it possible to reach the B2 level? I don't have low self-esteem, I'm turning 24 years old next month, I speak four languages already and I have always had good grades in school. But I am aware of how difficult Finnish is and I am trying to be as realistic as possible when planning my future.)
I t

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Nursing degree in English, is it a good option

Post by rinso » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 am

Peach7 wrote:Hey everyone.
I am from Tunisia and I moved to Finland last January to live with my husband. We live in Kuopio.
I have studied medicine in my home country but I didn't finish it so I dont have the degree.
I am learning Finnish for now, I am taking a part in this accelerated online integrational program.
But well, I found this bachelor degree of Nursing in Savonia, which is taught in English.
Do you think it is a good option? Would I have a chance to be employed if I go for it?
I know that studies in Finnish would give me better chances for employment, but I am quite discouraged about that since they require a B2 level of Finnish which is quite hard to attain. Most integration courses reach at most B1 level. Do you have any idea how is it possible to reach the B2 level? I don't have low self-esteem, I'm turning 24 years old next month, I speak four languages already and I have always had good grades in school. But I am aware of how difficult Finnish is and I am trying to be as realistic as possible when planning my future.)
I t
Nurses are wanted, but in a town where there is a nursing education there will be many applicants (other students) for the jobs. If you're willing to move to smaller places there are more chances. On the other hand the upcoming reforms will reduce the opportunities in the countryside.