Exam Result

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
annai

Exam Result

Post by annai » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 am

I am so broken hearted. I didnt get in to JAMK Nursing. I got 46 and the passing rate is 49, so you must know how I feel right now. They told me I was on the waiting list number 20. I got my hopes up eventually. i became number 14, then 11 then 9 then 7. I was really getting my hopes up. Then in the morning they said all the spots are filled. Im so devastated atm. I studied so hard but I guess it wasnt good enough. I am just really motivated right now to study more and apply for next year again still in Jamk and other AMK.

Lol Sorry you have to read this. I just want to vent my feelings. I met someone who got in. I approached her and we conversed. She cant barely speak English. I know I'm not suppose to be judgemental but I cant stop the feeling of being envious. I didnt know what she did to get in, I think she also study really hard and prepared for it very well. I just have to move on. I got into Lähihoitaja, so atleast I have something to do. I was already a nurse in my home country and this is not the path that I want to.

This post is not unorganized, I mean this post, no wonder my essays didn't get a good grade.

Exam Result

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Exam Result

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 am

You'll study harder, apply next year, and I'm sure you'll get in. Good luck.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

You will have an advantagw next year because although the entrance test will be different, you have an idea of what to expect.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:15 pm

This happens. Try harder next time and good luck.
Never get your hopes high when it comes to a chance.
Image Image

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 pm

I am not 100% sure but, I remember when my son applied to Metropolia for construction engineering he was also at the top of the waiting list and they contacted him again after the beginning of the academic year (late August?) because there was an unfilled place. So I guess there is still a slight possibility that you may get in if students don't actually register on the first day of term... I'm not sure how it works in JAMK but "hang in there!"

annai

Post by annai » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 am

thank you all for encouragement. I need it.