Help for career

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Peach7

Help for career

Post by Peach7 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:06 pm

So.. I have no idea about what I want to study or even the options to study.
I am from Tunisia. I have been studying in university (medicine) but because I haven't finished my studies there and don't have the Doctor degree it means nothing.
I moved to Finland last January to live with my husband and I am learning Finnish now. But I'm wondering about the next step so much. Because everything I do matters and I want to gain time.
The question is, is it even realistic to think of applying to medicine and pharmacy? It takes many years to study medicine plus during those years, economically we wouldn't be doing well (yes, I know, i can speak about higher studies once I get fluent with Finnish of course and it is hard and stuff. I am fluent in 4 languages already so I got an idea about how to learn languages
I have A2.2 level in Finnish now after studying it for 3 months)
But anyway, would it be more realistic to go for nursing for example then?
And if you have any idea, what are the best careers to avoid being unemployed? (Yes, I dont want to live on Kela's help, I would like to have a job and help in the family so that we can live, well.)
Sadly the career choice is not always about what we want and enjoy, there is a huge factor which is unemployment. I have a lot of potential to give to the world. Call me a villain but I did not come here to be a cleaner. (With all my respect to that job)
I have always been an excellent student in my home country and I don't want to end up in a bad situation just because im a foreign.
I still have no idea about the best options for careers (to higher the chances for employment). Therefore any help or piece of information would be highly appreciated.

Help for career

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Help for career

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:49 am

Unless your interests are very outlandish ("I want to be an astronaut"), I think you should follow those, you'll be not only happier but also more successful. Doctors, lawyers, software programmers,... there are jobs in various fields that will be in demand for any foreseeable future, just pick one that you find the most appealing.