Source of means on student RP

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Rockansab

Post by Rockansab » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 am

Hi everyone.
I applied for my RP on 25th of August and haven't gotten a reply yet but thats not my concern i know it can take a bit longer as the load of applications is bery huge. What I want to ask is that I had no bank account before and I made one for the application especially im 19 years old and ive been accepted for a vocational qualification in Finland. I had some money saved by myself through pocket money (given by relatives friends as gift) its almost 2000 euros and i saved it over the time of five years. Rest of 4000 euros was provided by my grandfather and I have showed source for that (his savings account information). What im worried about is that, those 2000 euros have no source and its not like I misplaced it or something. I had no employment contract or salary slips to show and Ive explained this whole scenario to them. Im just worried a bit about this, can anyone help me regarding this?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rockansab

Re: Source of means on student RP

Post by Rockansab » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Oh i made a mistake guys i applied on 25th of july not august

Rockansab

Post by Rockansab » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:31 pm

And also please help me in this, can I do anything else to make my application stronger? Im just a little worried about it is all. Because those 2000 euros have no documented source, I can only tell them that its my pocket money and I did tell them so is there anything that i should be doing or what not. Thank you!

ssalmi

Post by ssalmi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Even though I am by no means an expert when it comes to residency permits, I am 99% certain immigration does not care where the money comes from. They just want to see that you have the money on your account so that you can support your living here and you won't become a financial burden on the society.

Rockansab

Post by Rockansab » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:11 pm

Are you sure though? Because I have seen here on this very website. There was one forum where a girl had 11000 euros in her bank account but she didnt prove that how she got those funds and her permit was rejected. I read it here and i tried to find it again but i dont seem to find it again when i looked. Furthermore, they do ask about clarifications of the funds, now im not sure if they reject the permit altogther on that matter or they just wanna know about the source of the funds. Please anyone who has experience in this matter, help me!

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Rockansab wrote:Are you sure though? Because I have seen here on this very website. There was one forum where a girl had 11000 euros in her bank account but she didnt prove that how she got those funds and her permit was rejected. I read it here and i tried to find it again but i dont seem to find it again when i looked. Furthermore, they do ask about clarifications of the funds, now im not sure if they reject the permit altogther on that matter or they just wanna know about the source of the funds. Please anyone who has experience in this matter, help me!
Some students did their applications with common funds that they transferred to each of their account so they could show a statement that had enough funds, when they in fact didn't have enough to live on. Thus migri started to look closer about the funds. If you have transferred your funds few days prior to printing the statement you can bet that migri starts to wonder if you really have the money available.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Rockansab

Post by Rockansab » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 pm

I know, but the money is all mine, it's my pocket money, how can I show the clarification of my pocket money when I had no job, no nothing. Anyways, It has been 45 days since I submitted my application. Is it possible that I get another statement from the same bank account to show them the money is still there? Would that work? They asked for my salary slips and/or any employment contract to clarify these 2000 Euros. I had no contract or salary slips to show so I replied with a detailed answer that I collected the money over the span of 5 years and I had no bank account before because I never needed one. I made one for the application and deposited all the money there.
Now, there is no embassy in Pakistan, so I had to go to Abu Dhabi and there was the matter of airline tickets and the appointment at the embassy in Abu Dhabi as well. So, I got the bank statement before I flown to UAE (5 days prior my appointment in Finnish embassy in Abu Dhabi). So, looking at the situation, I don't think there is anything that would give a sense of doubt to Migri. But, obviously, I'm still worried about this. Also, only 2000 euros have no clarification. Other 4000 was given by my grandfather with an affidavit stating that he is giving this money to me as a gift for my studies and a proof of encashment of his savings account. So, I mean what do you guys think of the situtation?

Rockansab

Post by Rockansab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 pm

hi, everyone!
I recently got a decision from Migri which is negative.
The reason for rejection: those 2000 euros which was saved by me and had no clarification and my grandfather's cheque has some date stamps which weren't clear to view.
Now, they asked for additional information regarding the clarification about those 2000 euros (my personal employment letter or salary slips etc) which I didn't had obv cuz no job. Also, they asked for my bank statement again probably because they wanted to see that is the money is still there or not. But, because of my stupidity, I somehow missed the mention of the bank statement and I was just focusing on telling them about my 2000 euros (really stupid of me I know) but what I'm regretting now is, that the money was still in my account and I failed to show them my fresh bank statement.
Now, I want to apply again and I have the study place available which is starting in January. So, I want to apply again. What would be better? If I appeal or if I apply again? Please, I really need some help on this from someone who knows a bit about this. How much time does it take for an appeal to reach a decision?
If I apply again, how should I go about this now? Show my bank statements? and for those 2000 euros ill show my father's salary slips as he was the one who gave me the pocket money over time and an affidavit from my father stating that he gave me the money. For the cheque, as it is in my regional language, I can translate it in English stating all the dates clearly visible on it. What else?
Please help me about this guys. I really need help.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 am

Rockansab wrote: Now, I want to apply again and I have the study place available which is starting in January. So, I want to apply again. What would be better? If I appeal or if I apply again? Please, I really need some help on this from someone who knows a bit about this. How much time does it take for an appeal to reach a decision?
Appealing is cheaper for the fees (if you win, you pay no fees). However, it will be easier for you to get a new application written than an appeal. For the expected processing time, it's best to consult the administrative court directly.
Rockansab wrote: If I apply again, how should I go about this now? Show my bank statements? and for those 2000 euros ill show my father's salary slips as he was the one who gave me the pocket money over time and an affidavit from my father stating that he gave me the money. For the cheque, as it is in my regional language, I can translate it in English stating all the dates clearly visible on it. What else?
You go through the same process as the first time and add the information that was missing.