what to study? foreammatti

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Rubel

Post by Rubel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:48 am

my wife wants to study something to enter the job market. her Finnish level is quite good and she is improving. i have discussed with my friends what to study, everybody suggest for the nursing. but this is a whole new field for her. she have a master degree on ''finance and banking'' from some other country and she is very much interested to continue with that or something related, such as accounting.

i would like to ask, how wise it would be to study ''finance and accounting'' instead of ''nursing''. though now a days nursing has very high demand in the job market but what about finance and accounting?

please help me to take a decision.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: what to study? foreammatti

Post by rinso » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Rubel wrote:my wife wants to study something to enter the job market. her Finnish level is quite good and she is improving. i have discussed with my friends what to study, everybody suggest for the nursing. but this is a whole new field for her. she have a master degree on ''finance and banking'' from some other country and she is very much interested to continue with that or something related, such as accounting.

i would like to ask, how wise it would be to study ''finance and accounting'' instead of ''nursing''. though now a days nursing has very high demand in the job market but what about finance and accounting?

please help me to take a decision.
A masters degree doesn't distinguish her from the Finnish competition. And being a foreigner without native Finnish skills will prove a draw back.
Nursing indeed has a better demand in the job market. But in the towns with a nursing education there are still a lot of candidates for a limited number of jobs. So be prepared to go job hunting in the smaller municipalities.