From when is study credits calculated for RP renewal?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
ddddd

Post by ddddd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 am

I am trying to decide if I should start the renewal process now or wait until after the first period of this semester to get some more credits.

I have been studying in Finland since January 2015 and I have 175 credits for 5 full semesters (till May 2017). My RP expires in December. Will they check my study progress only from January of this year (2017)? I am worried because I have gotten only 24 credits since January (because it's been only one semester) and nothing since this semester began in September because we haven't even had exams yet so it's almost impossible to have 45 credits already. Or do they check only from September 2016 to May 2017 now? Or do they just take all the credits I have and divide by the no of semesters? Do I have enough now or should I wait till after this period's exams when I'll have some more credits? Normally I would just wait till November to apply but I really want to get the new RP and go home for Christmas.

Please, does anyone know?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic