American with degree questions

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
canoodie

Post by canoodie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

I'm a 23 year old male that is looking to move in with my girlfriend (a current Finnish citizen) ASAP. I would like to receive a Bachelor's in Nursing and apply for a student residency. I have a few questions though and would love some guidance.

My Educational Background: I've graduated high school and obtained 2 college degrees. The first degree is the AA Degree, which is your general 2 year college degree. It contains all your gen ed courses in math, literature, sciences, arts, etc. The second degree I received is the AS Degree in Emergency Medical Services which is another 2 year college degree that combines your general ed courses with a specialty. In my case I became a licensed paramedic in the State of Florida. Neither of these are Bachelor degrees.

Honestly I'm just not sure where to go next. Is there somebody out there that has successfully moved to Finland that started off in my position? I'd just really like to find somebody I can have a 1-on-1 talk with and get to know their experiences and ask them questions. I feel so lost.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Querfeldein

Re: American with degree questions

Post by Querfeldein » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:52 pm

I cannot give you the kind of advice you're looking for (I hope somebody else will!), but I would take a look at this course, read all the info there (also the PRL link), and then write an email to Nea Lehtimäki, whose email address is on the page.

http://www.metropolia.fi/en/apply/studi ... s/nursing/