Finnips Entrance for IB

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
fatblu

Finnips Entrance for IB

Post by fatblu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello,

I have filled a joint application for a bachelors degree in IB and am currently waiting for my invitation for the entrance exam, which will be held on March 26-27 in India.

I have received the pre reading material for the entrance exam. I have a basic idea of what the exam format will be like, but I do not have any idea about the content. I do not want very specific details, as the information shared online is pretty self explanatory.

The problem I have is related to the type 1 exam for IB and the math content in it. What type of math questions should I expect and how much should I prepare? The reason for my enquiry is the fact that I have not been in contact with math for a VERY long time and in the event the exam consists of high level math, I will have to start preparing for it.

Can somebody please shed some light on this as this is the only piece of information that is not available anywhere.

Any help regarding this will be appreciated :)

Regards,
BP

Finnips Entrance for IB

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

j00820

Re: Finnips Entrance for IB

Post by j00820 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm replying based on my experience with the IB entrance exams as I took it 2 years ago. But, from what I remember, the math portion of the exam isn't that "high-level" and in fact, it's quite simple really. It's more logical, "basic" and financial math. So for you, I wouldn't worry so much about revising over more complicated math, but to refresh your memory on the basics, problem-solving and just logical math questions, and think to yourself what kind of math would be used in IB. If it helps, most of it can be done without a calculator.

Hope this helps and good luck! :D

j00820

Post by j00820 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 pm

I'm replying based on my experience with the IB entrance exams as I took it 2 years ago. But, from what I remember, the math portion of the exam isn't that "high-level" and in fact, it's quite simple really. It's more logical, "basic" and financial math. So for you, I wouldn't worry so much about revising over more complicated math, but to refresh your memory on the basics, problem-solving and just logical math questions, and think to yourself what kind of math would be used in IB. If it helps, most of it can be done without a calculator.

Hope this helps and good luck! :D

fatblu

Post by fatblu » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot for the information, it is much appreciated :D

I have sent a mail to finnips, let's see if they reply and give some more details.

Thanks again :D :D