Courses in TUT Tampere

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
FriedPotatoes

Courses in TUT Tampere

Post by FriedPotatoes » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi!

I'm planning to go to Tampere, Finland next semester, as an Erasmus student of Biomedical Engineering. While I was checking the courses TUT has available, I've noticed I had to choose an extra course, because of the conversion of ECT's between the my college in my home country and TUT. Therefore, I was planning to chose an easy and different course. I found Supply Chain Management, available at: http://www.tut.fi/opinto-opas/wwwoppaat ... 11046.html, and I was wondering if anyone here has had this course before and if you advise me to take it.

I hope I'm not being to specific!

Thank you so much! :D

Courses in TUT Tampere

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biryvih

Re: Courses in TUT Tampere

Post by biryvih » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Hei,

In the description it says "or the course KIE-32026 Spoken Communication in English. The course is integrated with Supply Chain Management and will run at the same time." try to get more info about it. Sometimes English courses are pain in the a*s :lol:

I have checked the content and it is pretty similar to what I have studied couple of years ago (not in TUT tho). It can be quite interesting, but it totally depends. The topics which are mentioned in the content will probably be more useful if you had any sort of training / work in real life in similar field. Otherwise it will be a lot theories, assumptions, a lot of charts and there might be some scenarios in your class, where you will need to apply those theories.

In real life you can see those theories in action pretty much everywhere, but if you have never studied anything like this before, it could be something interesting for you. If I could describe in a sentence what supply chain management is... it is what consumers don't see.. the things which are happening in the background for almost any product, the product will be your end result (obviously) but how to reduce cost, risk, streamline the process, transportation, material etc... but everything will mostly be in theory.

Okay :lol: this comment doesn't make any sense at all :lol: :lol:

FriedPotatoes

Post by FriedPotatoes » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Well, even though english is not my first language, it's still better than finish (as a portuguese student) so I guess I'll stick with that. I'm a little reticent about this course because, as I said it before, this is just a "fill in" course, so that I can have the 30 ECT's I need. I've had a management course before, but it was really soft (and reasonably easy). So, yeah, I don't have any sort of work in real life in the field, but I guess I have some basis of management.
But there was something that caught my eye: in Portugal we don't have the semester divided in two periods, as finnish students have. So, this Management course, with 4 ECT's, needs a bit of work, right?

:?

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Oh if you want to learn English, than I think it will be fine for you. For me English lectures felt like "force feeding" since I really didn't want to take those courses but they were compulsory, so I had to.

The course will not be so hard for sure. In UAS / AMK courses aren't as difficult as in university, but for 4 ECTS I am pretty sure there will be some work to do (quantity wise, not in terms of difficulty). You can manage it 8) Don't worry.

Kelly Petersen

Post by Kelly Petersen » Thu May 10, 2018 2:02 pm

I`m a college student who is currently writing a research paper for an Engineering class. Should I start with English search?