Study in new university, leaving the old.

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
knight22

Post by knight22 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello everyone. I was studying in University of Turku in 2016 as a Non-EU student. I didn't really like the studies as they weren't similar to what I wanted to study, so i went back to my homeland after a few months, though i registered for the session 2017-2018. Now I have gotten admission in University of Tampere(full fee scholarship) and have accepted the study place as I like the course content and is exactly what i want to study.
Question: After i left Finland and now choose to study in another university, Will the Finnish authority make it difficult to get the residence permit?(My previous permit expired in August 2017)

If anyone has been in such situation, it would be great if you could answer this. Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Study in new university, leaving the old.

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am

knight22 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:56 pm
Question: After i left Finland and now choose to study in another university, Will the Finnish authority make it difficult to get the residence permit?(My previous permit expired in August 2017)
It might raise some eyebrows but it's not a reason to deny a permit.

knight22

Post by knight22 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am
knight22 wrote:
It might raise some eyebrows but it's not a reason to deny a permit.
Hi, thank you for the reply. Hope all goes good

IbrahimUmar

Post by IbrahimUmar » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:19 pm

knight22 wrote:
Hello everyone. I was studying in University of Turku in 2016 as a Non-EU student. I didn't really like the studies as they weren't similar to what I wanted to study, so i went back to my homeland after a few months, though i registered for the session 2017-2018. Now I have gotten admission in University of Tampere(full fee scholarship) and have accepted the study place as I like the course content and is exactly what i want to study.

If anyone has been in such situation, it would be great if you could answer this. Thank you
As for your question about the residence permit, it's always best to check with the Finnish authorities directly to get accurate information about your specific situation.