Student RP application, required docs and source of funds

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
murtaza101

Post by murtaza101 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi all!

I've been recently accepted into a study place in Finland and therefore will be applying for a residence permit. I'm a citizen of Pakistan which doesn't have my embassy so my appointment will be done in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Had some related questions and was hoping if anyone can answer here:

- I have recently opened a bank account, as I didn't have a job before in Pakistan (was based elsewhere before and hence had no grounds to open a bank account in Pakistan) and therefore my father would be providing me with funds for the entire study duration. The funds shall be transferred to my account which I will demonstrate via my own bank statement, although I also plan to submit my father's bank statements and salary certificate as well. My question is how long duration should my father's bank statement cover? Moreover, will I need a written affidavit that certifies that my father is providing me with funds or is a mention in the application enough that my father will be my sponsor?
Would also appreciate if anyone can guide on what such an affidavit should actually mention if needed.

- It was mentioned that I need to have a document which says that I am legally residing in the country where I submitted my application. I, being a Pakistani citizen will submit my application online from Pakistan and only visit Abu Dhabi for the biometrics appointment. Will just passport copy be enough for me?

- Are there any specific documents that will be needed in my case? I did happen to have an employment before for 1 year but have no savings left from it (which is why my father is sponsoring me entirely). Should I give an employment letter for this employment as part of my application?

Here is a list of documents I plan to submit:
* Copy of passport and all pages
* Photo
* Letter of admission into university
* Letter of scholarship
* Health insurance certificate
* My own bank statement
* Father's bank statement
* Father's salary certificate
* Affidavit regarding provision of funds?
* Previous undergraduate degree certificate
* Employment letter for own job?

Will I need any further documentation?

Would appreciate any help possible! :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

lujain_lg

Re: Student RP application, required docs and source of funds

Post by lujain_lg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 pm

You need to attach your bank statement and your dad's payslips and employment certificate.

To be honest, I do not know about the affidavit but, to prove you are residing in your country, you only need to attach your passport copy.