Why Nigeria has one of the highest rejection rates in Student RP

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Mohammedmartines

Post by Mohammedmartines » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 am

Hello guys
I'm from Nigeria and I'm new to this forum
I have been finally accepted to a finnish university from a waiting list and I'm about to start residence permit application
But what's really concerneing me is that most people who applied from the Nigerian embassy got their applications rejected
Look at this statistics
http://tilastot.migri.fi/#decisions/212 ... &start=541

Nigeria
236Positive
239Negative

That's really terrifying I have all the requirements mentioned and I have the funds in my account for more than 2 months
Are all those people who got their applications rejected .were applying without meeting the requirements ?
Is there any nigerian member who can explain this to me ?! Is the Finnish embassy in Nigeria very strict and doubts each document even if it's true ,are there special reasons for this
I started to think to select my service point as the embassy of finland in algeria or morocoo even I have to travel but that's ok for me

Do you think that would be better guys ?! I need your opinion because I'm really hoping to start studies in Finland since that's a hope for me
Despite I have all the requirements but the statistics above really terrifying

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Why Nigeria has one of the highest rejection rates in Student RP

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 am

My guess is that the numbers are indicative of more ungrounded applications made, as opposed to reflecting a stricter interpretation of the acceptance policy.

inkku

Post by inkku » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:36 am

I can't speak on behalf of any authority but I remember seeing somewhere that many Nigerians once they arrive, tend to disappear apparently to other European countries, they had no intention to study but just used Finland as an entry point to Europe.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 am

The way I understand it, you must apply at the embassy of your country of residence. If this doesn’t match your passport, the embassy will ask for documentation of residence.

Mohammedmartines

Post by Mohammedmartines » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am

inkku wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:36 am
I can't speak on behalf of any authority but I remember seeing somewhere that many Nigerians once they arrive, tend to disappear apparently to other European countries, they had no intention to study but just used Finland as an entry point to Europe.
What you said makes sense but unfortunately it's very hamful to honest people like myself
My intention is to study knowing I have three French shengen visas in my passport
I hope that will help them to make them think of my intention

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm

At the end of the day, your application is assessed based on its own merit. If your papers are legitimate, the source of your funds is legitimate and is properly documented by a mainstream bank, and you don't try to pull any tricks, then you should be fine. Immigration officers aren't stupid. They know if they reject you without a proper justification it can come back and bite them in the ass.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Anoirsana

Post by Anoirsana » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm
At the end of the day, your application is assessed based on its own merit. If your papers are legitimate, the source of your funds is legitimate and is properly documented by a mainstream bank, and you don't try to pull any tricks, then you should be fine. Immigration officers aren't stupid. They know if they reject you without a proper justification it can come back and bite them in the ass.
That makes sense

Mohammedmartines

Post by Mohammedmartines » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:54 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm
Thank you for your replay
All my documents are authentic and signed and sealed they're the same documents I used when I got the French visa three times
About the source of funds . I have a certificate of employment here and also I work as a freelancer on the Internet with cooperation with some French agencies. I design softwares and websites for my clients I have documents that prove that

I think Finland should follow the model of norway in fighting cheating in terms of granting the residence permit for studies
The model of norway is to oblige all applicants to transfer their means of support to a Norwegian bank account set by a university
In this way no one can trick the authorities