Brazilian jiu jitsu?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
JooEi

Brazilian jiu jitsu?

Post by JooEi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 am

Hi, It's a long shot, but does anyone know of any jiu jitsu schools in Helsinki/Espoo/Vantaa that teach in English? I want to start training again but I would really need somewhere that speaks English. I tried joining a Finnish class and although I could follow what they were doing with my eyes and everyone was really helpful if I needed translations, bjj is really a sport where you have to listen to the instructor to learn efficiently. Plus, as nice as everyone was, it really sucked having to ask for help all the time and I suspect people probably got annoyed.

Inb4 "you should learn Finnish". It's a work in progress which I'm expecting will take a good few years yet, but I'm working on it.

Brazilian jiu jitsu?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

AuroraUsa

Re: Brazilian jiu jitsu?

Post by AuroraUsa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Yep, you can check 3 schools in Helsinki: Hardknocks Training Center and Hardknocks Training Center, Orion's Belt BJJ, Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu.

pjdoxopoulos

Post by pjdoxopoulos » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Combat Society near Malmi.
Last edited by pjdoxopoulos on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbchops

Post by Dbchops » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Hey.

Did you have any luck finding anywhere? I'm American and seeking the exact same thing you are. Let me know.

Best
Jim

Gila

Post by Gila » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:54 pm

http://www.orionsbelt.fi/fi/
There are very nice and professional people. It does not matter if you cannot speak Finish.

tkf

Post by tkf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 pm

http://www.bjjliitto.fi/seurat.php?lang=en

They are almost all english friendly.

The coach will demonstrate a technique in Finnish and you can ask later in english if you want. It does not really impair you and you can piece stuff together.

SharmaKate

Post by SharmaKate » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:43 pm

Hi there! I can understand your concern about finding a jiu jitsu school in Helsinki, Espoo, or Vantaa that teaches in English. While I'm not aware of any specific schools myself, I suggest trying the following:

Check online directories: You can search for jiu jitsu schools in Helsinki, Espoo, or Vantaa on online directories such as BJJ Globetrotters, BJJ Eastern Europe, or BJJ Heroes. These directories usually have information about the schools' language of instruction.

Contact schools directly: You can also contact jiu jitsu schools in the area directly and ask if they offer classes in English. Some schools may have instructors who are fluent in English or have English-speaking students who can help with translations.

Reach out to the jiu jitsu community: You can try reaching out to the jiu jitsu community in the area, either through social media groups or forums, and ask if anyone knows of English-speaking schools. The jiu jitsu community is usually very supportive and helpful, so they may be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in finding a jiu jitsu school that meets your needs! sewer cleaning boca raton