No bell end for city?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

No bell end for city?

Post by Ace » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:59 am

From the MEN.

MANCHESTER CITY legend Colin Bell has been snubbed by his old club in a row over the naming of a stand at their new stadium.City's most famous player has, it can be revealed, been left "deeply concerned" after the club's apparent U-turn over the naming of the West Stand at the £120m City of Manchester Stadium at Eastlands.

Fans were invited in March to vote for what they thought the stand should be called, with the club promising to abide by the poll on City's website.

However, sick hoaxers are believed to have voted for Bell so that derogatory comments could be made about his surname.

And that "hijacking" has led to a re-think with just official City supporters' clubs votes taken into consideration, making Mercer the winner.

Wardle has ordered an investigation into the whole embarrassing saga and has decided to take `personal control' of the issue starting with a meeting with Colin Bell tomorrow.

He told M.E.N. Sport that with hindsight it was inappropriate for the vote to take place on-line as mischievous non-City fans would be able to take part.

He said: "It is a shame the original vote was hijacked. I am concerned about this whole issue and have spent the last few days investigating the background."

More here

and here

No bell end for city?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

junot

Re: No bell end for city?

Post by junot » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:37 pm

[quote="olly"]From the MEN.
MANCHESTER CITY legend Colin Bell has been snubbed by his old club in a row over the naming of a stand at their new stadium.City's most famous player has, it can be revealed, been left "deeply concerned" after the club's apparent U-turn over the naming of the West Stand at the £120m City of Manchester Stadium at Eastlands.

I don't suppose that the United fans who regularly impersonate City fans on the radio phone-ins could be behind this ;-)
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:57 pm

junot wrote:I don't suppose that the United fans who regularly impersonate City fans on the radio phone-ins could be behind this ;-)
Its been dragging on for a while this, I remember a few months back hundreds of reds voting for it to be named after Colin Bell.

Some of the comments on the evening news page are funny:
Also speaking as as hugely gay city fan I think it would be fitting to have the Bell End available only for gay city supporters. I've long been campaigning for a gay only section at City and now's our chance. I'd appreciate more comfortable seating and the chance to decorate it as we see fit. I think we could get it looking lovely. United fans can say all they like but this is the 21st Century and a vibrant gay section would get city talked about even more.
I am just gutted about the size of the new floodlights personally - thanks city for taking away our one bit of glory !!!
:lol: :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:37 am

City choose bell end

City's official site have announced that the club has bowed
to pressure and that the 'pesky reds' have won the day.
City's West stand will indeed be named after Colin Bell,
the Bellenders are a reality.

mcfc

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:49 am

Bellenders.....Would be even more fitting if they raised the hemlines of their shorts by 3 inches :shock: :oops:
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

irency

Post by irency » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 pm

You discussed here such interesting things. I din't know that.Thanks for creating this thread.:) texas Hold Em Tex
Last edited by irency on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

bianca825

Post by bianca825 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:11 pm

I liked the tread too. Thanks for letting me know about other good stuff ! JMK Design