Egg chasers done good

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Egg chasers done good

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:37 pm

France 7-24 England

Its got me feeling all patriotic now, i'm off the whistle L.O.H&G whilst I take the rubbish out ;-)

Egg chasers done good

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:00 pm

Did I understand correctly that it was ALL done with the boot?
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:18 pm

The Golden Boot of Jonny W overcame the appalling conditions whílst the french kicker had his frogs legs on!

Swing Low Sweet Chariot!!

btw thanks to french TV5 for bringing the pictures to Suomi, commentry a bit poor though!
:D
½Image½Image

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:35 pm

JasonS wrote:The Golden Boot of Jonny W
Is this the egg chasers equivalent of the gilded gonads of the England football captain :?: :wink:

If I was a big wombat worrier I'd be stamping on Jonny W's leg in the first 5 minutes :wink:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:29 pm

Total self inflicted defeat by the French...They got frustrated that the weather conditions did not allow open play..i.e running and passing..which is their forte...got drawn into bad tempered late tackles..which is their usual weakness.. :roll: . and then fell for a dilberate trip in front of the posts..two sent off for 10 minutes each.... :roll:
Pity that the round English ball holigans stands little or no chance of making the World cup finals..... :wink: ..if their stars keep getting arrested for loutish behaviour be hard to find 11 not behind bars :wink: .

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:47 pm

Would be nice to get one over the Aussies after continuously getting hammered by them in all events recently. Can't see it happening though. It would be tough enough without them having home advantage!

Footballs probably the only event we could beat them in :wink: problem is we never play them :!:

Mind you I think this was the last time :!:

steev

Post by steev » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:30 pm

Yeah that was the last time we played 'em i think ...

And I was in Oz at the time ... no fun going to work with crowing Aussie gits the next day, I can tell ya. Their best sport is sledging ... the kind where they take the piss out of you constantly, not the snowy one. :oops:

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:33 pm

steev wrote:Yeah that was the last time we played 'em i think ...

And I was in Oz at the time ... no fun going to work with crowing Aussie gits the next day, I can tell ya. Their best sport is sledging ... the kind where they take the piss out of you constantly, not the snowy one. :oops:
Yeah its shameful isn't it :wink: Can't even beat them at the one sport we're supposed to be far superior at.

One year we'll hammer them at the cricket, rugby union and league and football :wink:

steev

Post by steev » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:37 pm

Would that be the future year in which George Bush nukes Australia leaving only the surf lifesavers in speedos and head-hankies to represent them in all sports.
Maybe those guys in supermarket deli-counter overcoats who ref the Aussie Rules matches can officiate :wink: :lol:

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 pm

steev wrote:Maybe those guys in supermarket deli-counter overcoats who ref the Aussie Rules matches can officiate :wink: :lol:
Aussie Rules :lol: now there's a sport that makes American football look plausible :wink:

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:04 pm

:evil: Just to say, if there hasn't been the rain, we would have kicked your ass... :twisted: True...
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:20 pm

tgabawm wrote::evil: Just to say, if there hasn't been the rain, we would have kicked your ass... :twisted: True...
Typical French..firsly kicking ass is exactly why two of the French got their marching orders..it is not allowed in the Laws of RFU.. :roll: :wink:
Perhaps they not been translated into French very well :P
Secondly one of them made such a hash of kicking ass that he injured himself in the process and could not rejoin the game after the 10 minute sin bin. :roll: :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:31 pm

tgabawm wrote::evil: Just to say, if there hasn't been the rain, we would have kicked your ass... :twisted: True...
Stange that :?: I heard:

:wink: :lol:

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:10 pm

Oh dear. It rained and we don't like getting wet. Give me a break!!
The French were well and truly stouffed by a far better, more controlled, organised and determined English team with two Cornishmen (Vickery and Woodman) amongst their number.

Even though the sheep shaggers will be up for this one and they'd love to 'do' the pommies this is one game which the English will win.

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:15 pm

No we weren't well!!! On a dry field we would have won... and we will beat you badly next time... Now I only have my eyes to cry... :cry: Go Australia!
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)