Posh-dresser cross-dresser

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:32 pm

Burberry umbrella woman refused entry to pub

A woman was refused entry to an Aberdeen pub because she was carrying a Burberry umbrella.

Bouncers at the Filling Station would not admit the woman because Burberry has become fashionable with football hooligans, says the Daily Record.

The unnamed woman said: "I looked nothing like a soccer casual. I was wearing the best of clothes. But for some reason they had a real problem with my bag and umbrella.

"It's absolutely ridiculous and I think they took things too far. There was no way I would have caused any problems in the pub.''

The Filling Station bar has apologised but said they'd continue to monitor Burberry-clad customers.

Manager Maureen Lethorn said: "We have had a number of incidents where people wearing Burberry have caused problems. It is not a general ban but we don't want rowdies so we judge each case as it comes along.

"Unfortunately this woman arrived shortly after a group of young lads were turned away for wearing Burberry. It was more a case of bad timing.''

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:35 pm

The uniform of the England supporter, you won't see a well heeled Manchester United supporter wearing a replica shirt or a burberry baseball cap :wink: