Greatest ever England player

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
junot

Post by junot » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:08 pm

Bobby Moore won the FA's poll by some distance -

http://www.thefa.com/application?origin ... tentType=1

Nat Lofthouse came second thanks to a Bolton fans organised internet campaign.
Last season Jussi Jääskeläinen was voted as Sky sports premiership goalkeeper of the year after a similar hijacking of the poll.

phil_h

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Re: Greatest ever England player

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:10 am

junot wrote:Last season Jussi Jääskeläinen was voted as Sky sports premiership goalkeeper of the year after a similar hijacking of the poll.
Jääskeläinens a great keeper :!: I think our boy Tim Howards more deserving of the accolade though. Greatest ever England player? Brian Robson (Im not biased me honest ;-))

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:17 pm

How about Sir Stanley Matthews or Sir Tom Finney? or am I talking too far in the past? :oops:

PS My eldest son Michael says "no, you're just talking bollox, Mum" :roll: I think i'll keep schtum :!:
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

junot

Post by junot » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:09 pm

[quote="Helmi"]How about Sir Stanley Matthews or Sir Tom Finney? or am I talking too far in the past? :oops:

Tom Finney was before my time but from what I've read he was a fine player, I would have loved to see him play. Matthews was obviously good but my grandad used to tell me that Finney was at least as good but didn't get the acclaim.
phil_h

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:39 pm

Spooky Junot. My Grandad said that Mathews was selfish and that Finney was much better...

But the best England player ever: John Barnes, except when he was playing for England :?

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:19 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:But the best England player ever: John Barnes, except when he was playing for England :?
Great MC too ;-)