Sepp Blatter ja Rio Ferdinand

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
junot

Post by junot » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:59 pm

It seems that FIFA President Sepp Blatter has questioned the validity of Manchester United's results since the Rio Ferdinand drugs test fiasco.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinene ... 92&cc=5739

phil_h

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:08 am

Blatter is a c**t IMHO :wink: and he's a Real Madrid fan :roll:

simon

Post by simon » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:34 am

Personally MU should have all their points with the dope head playing deducted :lol:

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:24 pm

Mr. Ace would probably see it differently, and would demand last Sunday's match be replayed until Roy Keane was awarded a George Medal for his tackle. :P
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:31 pm

I have it on good authority (the united forum) that Sepp Blatter is a big bender and that he should check his associations policy on this matter before he opens his big Real Madrid supporting glory hunting gob :wink:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:43 pm

WLM wrote: last Sunday's match be replayed until Roy Keane was awarded a George Medal for his tackle. :P
Well the photo of the "elegant" two footed challenge by the skillfull Mr R Keane seems to have disappeared from the BBC soccer pages. :roll:
Probably taken by the SAS for inclusion in their unarmed combat manual. :wink:
Now concentrating on the Rio saga/diversion.
Seems Rio/we will know his fate before Christmas.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 252708.stm

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:15 am

C&P from a United forum:

Whose idea was it to pick a fight with FIFA?

However much of a c*nt he is it’s hardly the best idea to be winding him up. The Mirror on the United-FIFA Rio spat:

Sepp Blatter had already threatened to strip United of the Premiership and Champions League points they have earned with Ferdinand in the side since his missed drugs test on September 23.

Gill told Blatter it was none of his business and his comments were "incomprehensible". But Blatter promised last night to put United in their place today, with the full backing of FIFA's ruling executive committee.

The FIFA President told Mirror Sport yesterday:

"The case of Rio Ferdinand is something that will be discussed by the executive committee tomorrow. I will have something interesting to say about it after the meeting.

"I have noted the comments from Manchester United, describing my words as 'incomprehensible'. All I can say is that their comments do not seem to me to be in the spirit of fair play."

“That was a clear threat by Blatter to demand a hardline punishment if Ferdinand is found guilty of missing the test. And although it is unlikely that FIFA would strip United of their points, Blatter can and will intervene.

“Any suspension imposed by the FA after the two-day hearing at Bolton later this month - a three-month ban remains the likeliest punishment - would have to be ratified by FIFA. And Blatter could step in and double the ban, ruling Ferdinand out of Euro 2004.”

In the Guardian Fergie continues the fight with the FA:

The Rio Ferdinand affair has caused irreparable damage to the relationship between England's biggest club and the game's ruling body and Ferguson's latest outburst makes it clear he regards the new regime at Soho Square as the enemy.

Having already accused the FA's disciplinary department of "doing a deal" with Arsenal following the scenes at Old Trafford in September, Ferguson argued it was a "possibility" the authorities had found Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo guilty of improper conduct simply, as it was put to him, to "even things out".

The manager went on to describe himself as "surprised and disappointed", believing the two players should have been exonerated at Monday's hearing, the outcome of which merely enforced his suspicions that convicting a United employee is, to some FA officials, the same as landing a prize fish.

Ferguson let it be known earlier this season he suspected there were "ambitious people" at the FA who were intent on using United's name to "make a name for themselves". He also cites his own disciplinary hearing in October when the FA banned him from the touchline for two matches for swearing at the fourth official Jeff Winter at Newcastle early in the season.

Ferguson was adamant that the FA should have given greater consideration to his previous good record. Since then he has also been required to send a letter of explanation to the FA for his comments about the authorities colluding with Arsenal.

These might seem like minor arguments, particularly when it will hardly ruin Giggs or Ronaldo to pay fines of £7,500 and £4,000 respectively, but the growing sense of unease at Old Trafford that the FA is allegedly intent on making an example of United has serious implications, with the case of Ferdinand's missed drugs test due to get underway a fortnight tomorrow.

The feeling at Old Trafford now is that the FA's chief executive Mark Palios will not allow himself to be undermined by a decision that could be seen as overly lenient.

United's case is that Ferdinand should not be treated more harshly than, say, a player with a lower profile at a different club but Ferguson's concerns have not been eased by the guilty verdicts for Giggs and Ronaldo.

"I don't know how they [the FA] came to their verdict," he said. "You can't explain some of the things that happen [with the FA] nowadays. We've got to decide whether we appeal and it's certainly a possibility."

Ferguson has some relevant points but the nature of the man means that these are lost sometimes in statements that border on the paranoid. One case in point is his refusal to accept Roy Keane fouled Joe Cole on Sunday.

"If anyone disagrees with me I'll give them odds of 100-1 and we'll watch it together. There is no doubt whatsoever Roy got his studs on the ball. And Cole was running away from goal anyway. The referee didn't see it; he guessed it. This is the same referee, remember, who refused us a certain penalty when David Beckham was fouled in the game against Manchester City last season."

simon

Post by simon » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:50 am

This just sums up my opion and many others who follow the game that Fergie is a moaning whinging b'std.
I thought that it was only fair that Giggs and Ronaldo got their fines, at the end of the day the Arse, got oh how many players suspended 5, is this making a deal with the FA? What did Fergie want?

How many time over the past seasons have we seen a penalty been awarded to a team playing against MU and to see 5,6 of their players running after the referee screaming in his face, what would you do Ace man if you were the ref and this happened to you? If you saw the fixture list and saw that you had to ref MU, in the back of your mind it would be like föök not them again the moaning gits.....

Just my opion anyway Im sure youll disagree

The other thing Fergie sueing one of the owners not JP Mc Manus the other one over the race horse Rock of Gibralta. Do you think this will cause any problems at MU??

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:21 am

Ace wrote:C&P from a United forum:

Whose idea was it to pick a fight with FIFA?
However much of a c*nt he is it’s hardly the best idea to be winding him up.

"
Looks like a declaration of war..Man Utd V the Rest of the football world.
Over the years MU arogance from suceess have developed to the point that all except their fans hate them so they will not find many allies in the rest of the footbal world.
Man Utd will now see who runs world football and it is not a Sir Red faced boot kicking arogant Jock.
Pity is that Rio will probably be the first casualty in this war..he will not play again this season. Sir A in the meantime has built up his blood pressure and now has heart problems...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 292883.stm

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:32 am

simon wrote:I thought that it was only fair that Giggs and Ronaldo got their fines

To be fair I feel it was only Keown who was deserving of punishment in that game I think Fergie has a fair point that Giggs and Ronaldo were punished just to balance things out. The other Arsenal players were badly behaved but not to the point where they should have recieved punishment. Giggs and Ronaldo didn't really do anything.
simon wrote:How many time over the past seasons have we seen a penalty been awarded to a team playing against MU and to see 5,6 of their players running after the referee screaming in his face
In my experience that always happens after a penalty is given, no matter who the teams are :-) It gets worse when you start carding too :lol: You just have to be tough and not take any s*** ;-)
simon wrote:The other thing Fergie sueing one of the owners not JP Mc Manus the other one over the race horse Rock of Gibralta. Do you think this will cause any problems at MU??
Of course I can't see it being helpful to the club at least when the biggest shareholder and the manager are at war :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:42 am

Peter Floyd wrote:Looks like a declaration of war..Man Utd V the Rest of the football world. Over the years MU arogance from suceess have developed to the point that all except their fans hate them so they will not find many allies in the rest of the footbal world.
Man Utd will now see who runs world football and it is not a Sir Red faced boot kicking arogant Jock. Pity is that Rio will probably be the first casualty in this war..he will not play again this season. Sir A in the meantime has built up his blood pressure and now has heart problems...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 292883.stm
Blatter hates the English, I think thats the reason ;-) People are jealous of our success, but people are always jealous of the team at the top. It won't be United there forever, could be Chelsea everyone hates in 5 years time :-)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:00 am

You are not alone Ace..there is now a www game..
Shot Blatter..
:lol:
http://www.bigbadboss.co.uk/blatter.htm

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:13 am

Peter Floyd wrote:You are not alone Ace..there is now a www game..
Shot Blatter..
:lol:
http://www.bigbadboss.co.uk/blatter.htm
Nice ;-) Not related, but I came accross this the other day:

http://www.electiondata.telegraph.co.uk/paxman/game.htm

(like all applets takes a while to load)

junot

Post by junot » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:18 pm

Ace wrote:
Blatter hates the English, I think thats the reason ;-) People are jealous of our success, but people are always jealous of the team at the top. It won't be United there forever, could be Chelsea everyone hates in 5 years time :-)

This afternoon on radio five live, the sports panel grudgingly conceded that Blatter is justified in his criticisms of the archaic English FA. It seems that the head of the disciplinary committee is a Kent estate agent who fits his FA work inbetween selling houses :D
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:36 pm

Interesting:
Blatter also voiced his disapproval of G14:

“I have a problem with G14. They are richest clubs, but I
will not speak to them any longer. I will speak to clubs
through the national associations, and we will discuss about
insurance for players on international duty.”

Blatter brushed aside G14's threat to go to the European
Court, asking:

“What is the European court in football? We have our own