World Cup 2006 draw

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
stig

Post by stig » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:17 pm

Ace wrote:Will they let England fans travel there? Is there likely to be bother?
To be totally honest, based on the time i've spent in Northern Ireland... if there is any bother, it's more likely to be because of the English than anything else.... :cry:

As for the Finnish group, I don't think it looks good....

Stig.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:36 pm

junot wrote:I think they probably will, although we'll have to wait and see if they cause any havoc in portugal first :cry:
True, how long do we have to wait for these world cup fixtures, i'm itching to go to that Estonia game now :lol: Hey Junot if your in Finland at the time you fancy coming along? I think its about €30 on the boat and the tickets can't be that much in Estonia (wont be Stamford Bridge prices anyway :-))
Stig wrote:To be totally honest, based on the time i've spent in Northern Ireland... if there is any bother, it's more likely to be because of the English than anything else....
Of course I would be expecting the England fans to instigate things, singing no surrender and the like :!: Did you see the last England Ireland game? (well the 27 minutes of it?).

junot

Post by junot » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:55 pm

Ace wrote:
True, how long do we have to wait for these world cup fixtures, i'm itching to go to that Estonia game now :lol: Hey Junot if your in Finland at the time you fancy coming along? I think its about ?30 on the boat and the tickets can't be that much in Estonia (wont be Stamford Bridge prices anyway :-))
That sounds great, if I'm there :D
I will be in Helsinki about the third week of january for about 12 days if you fancy a pint sometime?
I've been to the finnish school at Sale today, we were playing customer- shopkeeper roles :cry: I presented a typical finnish shop - I didn't say very much and provided poor service :wink:
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:12 pm

junot wrote:I will be in Helsinki about the third week of january for about 12 days if you fancy a pint sometime?
I've been to the finnish school at Sale today, we were playing customer- shopkeeper roles :cry: I presented a typical finnish shop - I didn't say very much and provided poor service :wink:
Jep always nice to meet a northerner here (there's not many of us about :-))

I've met one Geordie, a lad from Stockport, a Yorkshireman and one Cumbrian in my two years here ;-)

Edit and one of the other moderators is from Blackpool :oops:

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:47 pm

Ace wrote: b. I thought ajdias would be going, maybe we could get a few . to make the trip. (sounds like your up for it).

However I reckon the Russia game could be lively. Do the national team play in Tallin?
Estonia, Latvia and Russia (again..) + slovakia..
Yep, I'll be doing the trip to Tallin or Parnu if I have the time and happen to be here. But still the game will be in one or two years, no hurries.
And I know for sure that other guys will be there although we haven't yet discussed it on our portuguese mailing list..

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:18 pm

Ace wrote:Jep always nice to meet a northerner here (there's not many of us about :-))

I've met one Geordie, a lad from Stockport, a Yorkshireman and one Cumbrian in my two years here ;-)
I'm from the Wirral, Handsome (Stu) is from Hartlepool.

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:33 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:I'm from the Wirral, Handsome (Stu) is from Hartlepool.
I've not met you though ;-) I've met Stu once :!:

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:21 pm

WLM wrote:Hey... what is the reason for England, France, Italy and Spain automatically getting into a group with 6 rather than seven teams?
Its supposed to limit the disruption to the large number of league matches played in these countries. How convenient!
½Image½Image