I've got a fetish

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

I've got a fetish

Post by Ace » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:30 pm

for posting football draws at the moment ;-) Heres the FA cup third round:

Wimbledon v Stoke City
Cardiff City v Sheffield Utd
Wycombe or Mansfield v Burnley
Crewe v Telford
Bristol City or Barnsley v !"#¤% or Sheffield Wed
Portsmouth v Blackpool
Northampton v Rotherham
Fulham v Cheltenham
Man City v Leicester City
Southampton v Newcastle
Yeovil v Liverpool
Birmingham City v Blackburn
Nottingham Forest v West Brom
Watford v Chelsea
Kidderminster v Wolves
Gillingham v Charlton
Swansea v Macclesfield or Cambridge Utd
Leeds Utd v Arsenal
Tottenham v Crystal Palace
Aston Villa v Man Utd
Southend v Scarborough
Sunderland v Hartlepool
Tranmere v Bolton
Preston v Reading
Wigan v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Notts County
Ipswich v Derby County
Coventry City v Peterborough
Everton v Norwich
Bournemouth or Accrington Stanley v Colchester
Bradford v Luton
Millwall v Walsall

funny how S-c-u-n-t-h-o-r-p-e gets blanked out by .'s naughty word net ;-)

I've got a fetish

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:26 pm

Aren't Yeovil the lot who have a pitch marginally steeper than the North Face of the Eiger? Or was that Hereford? Anyway, they are not much fun. I expect the fans wear wellies.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

junot

Post by junot » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:30 am

WLM wrote:Aren't Yeovil the lot who have a pitch marginally steeper than the North Face of the Eiger? Or was that Hereford? Anyway, they are not much fun. I expect the fans wear wellies.
It used to be, but they have a posh new ground these days.
Whatever, Yeovil-Liverpool is the tie of the round I'd say....after Tranmere -Bolton of course :)
It's a pretty crappy draw overall as too many ties involve teams from the same division.
It would be nice to see Accrington beat Bournemouth in the replay and then beat Colchester to make it to the 4th round, that would be proper FA Cup romance :D
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:21 am

WLM wrote:Aren't Yeovil the lot who have a pitch marginally steeper than the North Face of the Eiger? Or was that Hereford? Anyway, they are not much fun. I expect the fans wear wellies.
Hereford are the team with the cow as a mascot, they take it on a lap of honour pre kick off ;-)

One of my friends went to study and live in Hereford, a few of us from Manchester went down there to visit him one weekend, we ended up in the SAS's local, we were a bit out of place (10 scally manc lads in this pub). Needless to say we were pretty well behaved for a change ;-)

simon

Post by simon » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:04 am

Not keen on Charlton - Gillingham :( .

One good point is that a few PL teams against each other so at least there will be fewer PL teams in the next rounds

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:29 pm

simon wrote:Not keen on Charlton - Gillingham :( .

One good point is that a few PL teams against each other so at least there will be fewer PL teams in the next rounds
Yes, my sentiments entirely - on the Premiership clubs drawn together... I think the journalists all too often get worked up about Non-League vs. Premiership drama, whereas in the longer term, seeing the back of five or six Premiership clubs automatically now, a further two or three automatically in similar match-ups next time out, and you've got the makings for some interesting later rounds with 1st and 2nd Division clubs actually in with a shout at quarter-final and semi-final places...

And I was highly impressed with Charlton's second-half performance last night. Was like a tidal wave at times. Didn't SEE the first half, which is probably just as well. Antti (Niemi) didn't have a bad game (well "second half", then), he pulled off two great saves, but he never saw Parker's second goal coming. May have been blocked by the defender.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

michellebarrett

Post by michellebarrett » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:49 pm

As a steward at Coventry City and going out on one of the biggest nights out of the year the night before, I'm horrified they're at home.

:x

Need a lie in after the partying. :beer_yum: :beer_yum: :beer_yum:

Was praying they'd be away.

junot

Post by junot » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:42 pm

michellebarrett wrote:As a steward at Coventry City and going out on one of the biggest nights out of the year the night before, I'm horrified they're at home.

Do you ever come across Paul Fletcher at Coventry? I think he's organising the building of the new stadium
phil_h

michellebarrett

Post by michellebarrett » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:50 pm

No, I haven't met or seen him. I'm sure he's about somewhere though.

Will be there tonight as they take on Sunderland - on SKY if anyone's interested. I'm pretty sure that Coventry will let us down like they usually do when they're on TV. Cov City's a great place to work though, even if they don't play as well as they used to.

simon

Post by simon » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:16 pm

WLM wrote:
And I was highly impressed with Charlton's second-half performance last night. Was like a tidal wave at times. Didn't SEE the first half, which is probably just as well. Antti (Niemi) didn't have a bad game (well "second half", then), he pulled off two great saves, but he never saw Parker's second goal coming. May have been blocked by the defender.
Scott Parker is a class player. If he played for one of the Bigger PL clubs everyone would have heard a lot more about him by now. Lets just hope that we can hang onto him for a few more seasons before he moves onto bigger things. Apparenlty the game was a cracker and he got two great goals. Just a shame we lost it in the end. Hopefully this isnt going to be a run that we go on now 2 games lost in a row.......

Another good reason he scored I have in my FF team so six points lst night was welcome especially after having a Birmingham defender for Blackburns game :evil:

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:45 pm

Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:37 pm

Ace, As well as a fetish...you got a new Avatar :cry: :cry:
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:38 pm

Helmi wrote:Ace, As well as a fetish...you got a new Avatar :cry: :cry:
Why so sad?

simon

Post by simon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:42 pm

Ace wrote:
Helmi wrote:Ace, As well as a fetish...you got a new Avatar :cry: :cry:
Why so sad?
Isnt it bigger than the recomended size pnarr pnarr

Is that one of the benifits of being a Mod

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:47 pm

simon wrote:Isnt it bigger than the recomended size pnarr pnarr

Is that one of the benifits of being a Mod
I thought that only applied to pictures that are stored on the . server. I dont think it applies to pics you link from other servers unless they're like this :wink: