In true Liverpool style

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
simon

In true Liverpool style

Post by simon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:33 am

According to reports Liverpool are looking for a new manager and

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... oores.html

And apparently have M O Neil lined up for the job and in true liverpool style are going to steal him from Celtic and leave his chair on bricks

http://www.stedoyle.com/Liverpool/LIVERPOO.JPeG

In true Liverpool style

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:40 am

Quote of the day:
But the Reds (Liverpool) have cooled their interest in Auxerre defender Jean-Alain Boumsong after deciding he is more interested in money than titles. (Daily Express/Daily Star/Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3305505.stm

Made me laugh anyway ;-)

Not as good as the quote of the year though:
"Mandic told BBC 5 Live’s Sportsweek’s programme: “Kewell wanted to go to club he felt were on the up.”
July 2003
I hope O'Neil doesn't go to Anfailed, I wanted Keegan to go there 8)

:lol:

junot

Post by junot » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:30 pm

Ace wrote:I hope O'Neil doesn't go to Anfailed, I wanted Keegan to go there 8)

:lol:

There have been rumours around here again (denied by the wanderers) that City are after Jääskeläinen. Just like City: stick six past a team and then try and sign their goalie :?

I just got a finn-guild leaflet today offering £133 (inc tax) direct flights Man-Hki in January, so I'll be booking one soon :D

I'll be watching the Arsenal game in a manchester pub tonight (if it's on anywhere!) as I'm going to see a mate's band playing.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:06 am

junot wrote:I'll be watching the Arsenal game in a manchester pub tonight (if it's on anywhere!) as I'm going to see a mate's band playing.
Where was your mate playing Junot? Gotta hand Arsenal that. (All be it grudgingly :wink: )

junot

Post by junot » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:53 pm

Ace wrote:
Where was your mate playing Junot? Gotta hand Arsenal that. (All be it grudgingly :wink: )
The gig was in the Late Room on Peter Street, it's a part of Life Cafe. It was a HMV showcase with 4 bands playing.

We saw the Arsenal match in Barracuda on Oxford Street, there were a lot of vociferous Arsenal fans in there! I've never seen as many tv screens in one bar.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:32 pm

junot wrote:We saw the Arsenal match in Barracuda on Oxford Street, there were a lot of vociferous Arsenal fans in there! I've never seen as many tv screens in one bar.
Studentville :roll:

junot

Post by junot » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:40 pm

Ace wrote:
junot wrote:We saw the Arsenal match in Barracuda on Oxford Street, there were a lot of vociferous Arsenal fans in there! I've never seen as many tv screens in one bar.
Studentville :roll:
Did that place used to be the springbok or something before becoming Barracuda? (next to the Odeon Cinema)
There were a couple of japanese lads supporting Arsenal and a few other students, but there was a pretty mixed gathering overall.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:44 pm

junot wrote:Did that place used to be the springbok or something before becoming Barracuda? (next to the Odeon Cinema)
There were a couple of japanese lads supporting Arsenal and a few other students, but there was a pretty mixed gathering overall.
Im not even sure mate. I've been away from manc for 2 years, although I went back this summer for a week. Do you mean the cinema next to the dutch pancake place and opposite McDonalds? Near to Central library (the big round bulding) I didn't even know there was a bar there. Rockworlds sort of next door but accross the road.

junot

Post by junot » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:50 pm

Ace wrote:Im not even sure mate. I've been away from manc for 2 years, although I went back this summer for a week. Do you mean the cinema next to the dutch pancake place and opposite McDonalds? Near to Central library (the big round bulding) I didn't even know there was a bar there. Rockworlds sort of next door but accross the road.
Yeh it's around that area. Near Oxford St station where all the beggars hang out.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:52 pm

junot wrote:Yeh it's around that area. Near Oxford St station where all the beggars hang out.
Must be a fairly new sports bar then. Oxford road is the student area of course. I'll pay that place a visit next summer methinks 8)