Top of the league

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Top of the league

Post by Ace » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:20 pm

How must Arsenal be feeling?
they have probably the greatest team in their history, having had the greatest ever start in their history, they have got to almost half way in the championship and haven't even come close to losing a game and have had the greatest striker in the last 100 years playing to the best of his potential and they look at the table... and see the same old story.

It must be heartbreaking for them.

Merry Xmas 8)

Top of the league

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

junot

Re: Top of the league

Post by junot » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:50 am

Ace wrote:How must Arsenal be feeling?
they have probably the greatest team in their history, having had the greatest ever start in their history, they have got to almost half way in the championship and haven't even come close to losing a game and have had the greatest striker in the last 100 years playing to the best of his potential and they look at the table... and see the same old story.

Merry Xmas 8)
Well, Bolton helped to put you there :cry:
hopefully we'll knock you off on tam 07 :wink:
I'm over your way on the 22nd, the morning after the Bolton -Villa semi.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:40 am

junot wrote:Well, Bolton helped to put you there :cry:
hopefully we'll knock you off on tam 07 :wink:
I'm over your way on the 22nd, the morning after the Bolton -Villa semi.
You didn't beat us last season at the Reebok IIRC, what was that game that you did beat us and the club released a video of the game? That was small time that junot, I expect better from Bolton this season if you beat us :wink:

BTW will you be here on the 31st of January?

Edit some great expressions on spurts fans faces here

junot

Post by junot » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:22 pm

Ace wrote:.BTW will you be here on the 31st of January?
Yes I'm still there on the 31st. My mate Ville's band may be playing on that night, if not I'll definately attend the gathering.

It was our 2-1 win @ OT that featured in the video (I didn't buy it)

I know that things have changed a lot in modern times, and United are gradually catching up, but Bolton still have an outstanding record against United (compare it to city's)
Still just in front on wins 40-38 after 101 games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/footballlive/ ... &x=20&y=14
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:35 pm

Some great scorelines there :-) Hey Phil your not a fitter are you? I used to work with a Phil from Bolton who was a season ticket holder at the Reebok in 98.

junot

Post by junot » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:43 pm

Ace wrote:Some great scorelines there :-) Hey Phil your not a fitter are you? I used to work with a Phil from Bolton who was a season ticket holder at the Reebok in 98.
No, I work for Warburton's bakery......ever heard of that ;-)
I'll be looking for a place to watch the Villa - Bolton semi on Jan 28th. Is Sports Academy the best bet?
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:46 pm

junot wrote:No, I work for Warburton's bakery......ever heard of that ;-) I'll be looking for a place to watch the Villa - Bolton semi on Jan 28th. Is Sports Academy the best bet?
Man I wish I could get a toastie loaf every day here :wink: I'll try and find out the best location for you to watch that game and post back. I dont know anything about bars in Helsinki as I rarely go out these days (financially bolloxed whilst Im trying to get my degree here). But I will make that get together on the 31st (I missed out on the last one).

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:31 pm

Ace wrote:How must Arsenal be feeling?

Merry Xmas 8)
What a difference two months makes, eh?

But where IS our Ace-man? Not seen his monicker here for a bit...
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:54 am

Ace is still in the land of the living...or he was when I saw him last Wen in Manala...probably sulking now...(Actualy, he is waiting for Sonera to reconnect him after moving house...so he can only access the web at his school.)

but...
MU held to a draw by his favorites for the drop Leeds...
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/foot/engl/pl
Arsenal now 7 points clear....

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:38 pm

Baah humbug, damn and blast Arsenal and Sonera ;-)

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:07 pm

Looks like an easy three points for us on April 10th.

As long as Brown keeps playing. Forssell will have a field day against the prawners.

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:53 pm

maxwell wrote:the prawners.
Lol. I've got a soft spot for Wesley as he's from the same estate as me and I know him and his family, he's been pants since coming back from injury though. The Rio, Silvestre partnership was !"#¤% hot up till the ban, could have cost us the league that. John O Shea's not looked as good as last season an all. Chopping and changing and blooding the youth's hit us hard this season, we'll be strong for the next 5 years though :wink:

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:15 am

Bloody Brum... Completely screwed up my bets this evening. Damned nearly everything else went right, but I had sodding Birmingham in most of my trebles and accumulators. Thank God for Depo, Porto, and Chelsea. Serves 'em right, losing in extra time, after they couldn't win inside 90 minutes. Pah! :evil:
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)