Soccer

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
zonizola

Soccer

Post by zonizola » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:47 pm

Hi I am an Italian guy who is planning to move to Finland to keep on studying there. I've already lived in Finland for 6 months and exactly in Viikki (Helsinki).Since I am a football player, apart from studying I'd like keeping on playing. Can somebody give me some information about how to find and contact a good Finnish team ? Thanks in advance...

MAX :D
[/img]

Soccer

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:57 pm

http://www...com/bb/viewtopic.php?t ... dial+stars

I've trained with mondial stars once they have training in English. I'd be available in summer for a few friendly kick arounds, actually I was thinking of organising a few fun (not serious) games of football for . members when the weather gets better 8)

I don't have time to play for a team regularly though as I referee games here a few times a week.
Last edited by Ace on Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steev

Post by steev » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:45 pm

:shock: ... I would never have guessed you were the refereeing type Ace, i'm genuinly :shock: -ed.Don't why,just a net impression i got.

Are there 5-a-side indoor teams running through the winter? ... I tried to find a team last time I was living here but couldn't find any info, even went to the gov sports office thing in Toolo...

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:15 pm

steev wrote::shock: ... I would never have guessed you were the refereeing type Ace, i'm genuinly :shock: -ed.Don't why,just a net impression i got.

Are there 5-a-side indoor teams running through the winter? ... I tried to find a team last time I was living here but couldn't find any info, even went to the gov sports office thing in Toolo...
Just got home from refereeing 4 indoor games now ;-)

5 a side is called Futsal here. Heres the rules and UEFA page:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/futsalcup/index.html#

They have a lot of Hobby futsal teams here (Harrasteliiga), here is the Finnish FA, Helsinki region futsal page:

http://helsinki.palloliitto.fi/kilpailutoiminta/futsal/

potroplus

Post by potroplus » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:35 pm

Ace it could be really nice idea to organize a fun tournament as soon as the weather gets better, Im in :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:58 pm

potroplus wrote:Ace it could be really nice idea to organize a fun tournament as soon as the weather gets better, Im in :wink:
Cool I never get to play these days as im in school in the week and refereeing futsal on the weekends and football in the evenings in the summer. Im sure we could get a few friendly 5 a side games organised in HKI this summer 8)

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:06 pm

Ouch goalkeeper broke his finger at one of my games today. Came and told me he'd have to leave to go and visit the hospital. His finger was an S shape.