Blatter Watch

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Blatter Watch

Post by Ace » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:05 pm

OK i've been told I've got to stay in here (Sports) until i've got in touch with my compassionate side, anyway here's my new project:

Blatter watch ;-)

Blatter Watch

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:11 pm

I love the way when you type Blatter in google it asks:

Did you mean: bladder?

8)

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:44 pm

Methinks the protests were a bit thick, when one considers what passes for kit in track and field today - or do they not consider that a "serious" sport? I am not ashamed to admit exhaling a quiet phwoahhhh or two at the lady high jumpers and long jumpers - the 100 metres runners are a bit overly muscle-bound for my taste.

As for the remarks about beach volleyball, anyone who feels that is not a "serious sport" really needs a testosterone top-up.

Besides... was there SUCH a big hoo-hah when the Australian women's team took ALL their gear off for a calendar a few years back?

http://www.womensoccer.com/refs/austrcalendar.html

P.S. Have you REALLY been forced to sit in the stands with a bag of crisps and a bottle of warm lager, Ace? Is there anything we can get you? A pork pie, perhaps? How many games are you suspended for?
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:12 pm

Personally this is something me and Sepp see eye to eye on :wink:

PS a prawn sandwich would be nice

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:58 pm

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said on Monday he was considering changing FIFA's statutes to force a cut in leagues to 18 clubs from 20 and he said officials should also consider cutting out replays in the FA Cup, soccer's oldest competition.
link

Scrapping FA cup replays? I say "Oi Blatter Noooooo" :thumbsdown: :evil:
Last edited by Ace on Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:03 pm

SVEN-Goran Eriksson has warned FIFA president Sepp Blatter it will be "a big, big mistake" to limit the number of substitutes permitted in friendlies.

Blatter is advocating a maximum of five substitutions and his view is expected to be ratified by the international board of football's governing body next week.

link

Im again with the Sceptic Bladder on this one ;-), There are far too many substitutions made in friendlies :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ace on Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:20 pm

Well, thats what happens when you put a swiss in charge :twisted: :ochesey:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:35 pm

pierrot wrote:Well, thats what happens when you put a swiss in charge :twisted: :ochesey:
Yeah? I thought the Swiss had things pretty sussed? They have everyones money and good cheese what more could you want? Handy penknives too ;-)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:53 pm

Ace wrote:Yeah? I thought the Swiss had things pretty sussed? They have everyones money and good cheese what more could you want? Handy penknives too ;-)
and how much do they know about football? :lol:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:05 pm

Going back to my past when I was in Switzerland for a couple of weeks there was a televised football match Germany v Italy..I made the comment to my Swiss freind that it made a change from watching England V Germany he replied.."Well just like during the war, we Swiss are neutral..we dont care who beats the Germans!"

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:35 pm

I'm with the bladder on the subs rule. Imagine going to a concert and listening to your fave boy band We Can't Sing But We Look Nice, and then when the lads go off for a quick Lucozade at the interval, a completely different bunch of manky-looking sods come back on afterwards and play Barry Manilow covers. I'd be bottling the stage, I can tell you.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

simon

Post by simon » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:43 pm

WLM wrote:I'm with the bladder on the subs rule. Imagine going to a concert and listening to your fave boy band We Can't Sing But We Look Nice, and then when the lads go off for a quick Lucozade at the interval, a completely different bunch of manky-looking sods come back on afterwards and play Barry Manilow covers. I'd be bottling the stage, I can tell you.
But dosnt that happen every Thursday on TOTP's

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:30 pm

Qatar plans anger Fifa
Qatar are heading for a showdown with Fifa president Sepp Blatter over plans to naturalise three Brazilian players. The Qatari FA confirmed the trio, who all play for German clubs, would receive citizenship within a week.

Ailton, Dede and Leandro will remain Brazilian while given Qatari citizenship to take in the 2006 world Cup qualifying campaign.

Blatter said: "it is against the spirit of the game and Fifa will aim at curbing this practice."

:thumbsup: Go on Blatter :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue May 18, 2004 10:43 am

Olympics may lose soccer - Blatter
Tue, 18 May 2004

Football may not be represented in the Olympic Games in Athens this summer unless an agreement is reached between the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and world football's governing body FIFA on the signing of an anti-doping code, FIFA president Joseph Blatter warned on Monday. "Mr. Dick Pound, WADA president, informed us on Saturday in Zurich that he could not make exceptions in the world anti-doping code. If we don't reach agreement on this, we will fight alone against doping," said Blatter after a meeting of FIFA's executive committee in Paris.
link

Dick Pound :?: Are you having a laugh :?: :wink:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Tue May 18, 2004 10:50 am

Ace wrote:Qatar plans anger Fifa
Qatar are heading for a showdown with Fifa president Sepp Blatter over plans to naturalise three Brazilian players. The Qatari FA confirmed the trio, who all play for German clubs, would receive citizenship within a week.

Ailton, Dede and Leandro will remain Brazilian while given Qatari citizenship to take in the 2006 world Cup qualifying campaign.

Blatter said: "it is against the spirit of the game and Fifa will aim at curbing this practice."

:thumbsup: Go on Blatter :wink:
All 3 players didnt get the qatar nationality, which is a good thing.
If countries start to buy their national players we can scrap the whole international competitions.