Revenge of the ex-Reds

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
maxwell

Post by maxwell » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:18 pm

"And if you cant take a bit of banter you have no right being a football fan"
said Ace.

There you go. Just a bit of banter. No way deserving of a yellow card!

But Joe Cole should have seen red against the fighting Blues of Birmingham last night. That was a gutsy performance which money can definitely NOT pay for.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:58 am

Ace wrote:
simon wrote:Paker to chelski for 9mil :shock: :cry:
Is that happening then? According to that BBC link Curbishley's trying his best to change his mind. Charlton are having a great season you must be chuffed to bits Simon ;-)

Sooner or later it will happen sad but true state of football today, when the big clubs come in for one of the smaller clubs players its hard for the smaller club to say no. the lure of CL football double pay check and the rest. Just look at Saha.
BTW
What do you think of Saha, gamble if you ask me.

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:53 am

simon wrote:What do you think of Saha, gamble if you ask me.
Well obviously I would have preferred Shevchenko :wink: but the clubs just not prepared to shell out for the really top players. Im glad we got him instead of Viduka.

He's banged in a lot of goals this season at Fulham, but previous seasons when Fulham were in the premiership he's not been as good. He got a shi-tload for them in division 1 though.

I agree with you, gamble, I just hope he's a bit more consistent than Forlan as there's no sign of Solskjaer coming back.

I hope we play some more 442 in the prem now though, we could really start punishing teams, this 451's been effective but its not United and its not pretty ;-)