YES!!! Boro win me money...

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:40 pm

Oh, Mr. Ladbrokes, you really shouldn't have taken that bet. 7/2 against Middlesbrough to win, and 10/1 (!) on draw/win at HT/FT. My EUR 10 on each of those has just come up trumps... :)

"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:17 am

Has to be said that it was seriously suicidal odds, since it was pretty well-known in advance that Arsenal would put out a second-string side. I'm a bit surprised they even let matches like this stay on the coupon. Same went for that Bolton FA Cup match a few weeks back...
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:28 am

Mines a scotch then WLM ;-)

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:52 pm

Good odds indeed. What did you get for the second leg?

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:02 pm

Dunno. Didn't actually look. But if you're interested I can check what they were offering...

But I've got Marat Safin at 25/1 each way (winner or runner-up) for the French Open. Not sure what they are giving now, but he's clearly back to form. I got that price after he'd done Jarkko Nieminen in the 2nd Round, when it started to look like he was a serious contender again. I wish now I'd had a few quid on him getting to the final in Melbourne. :(

Hah! Ladbrokes portal is down! You'll have to wait a bit.

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:09 pm

I was betting (mainly the footie) last season on bet365 and it was a laugh for a while but I couldn't enjoy the games as much as when I wasn't betting. I was constantly counting the corner kicks and bloody yellow cards and what have you.
Took a break this season but I have always liked a flutter. Maybe I'll have another go soon. My account is still open.