NO LONGER NEEDING PLAYERS

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
tarmulis9

Post by tarmulis9 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello all, we are putting a football team together and we are recruiting footballers avaiable from all around Helsinki.
All nationalities are welcome, if you want to join in just reply to this message (PM) or drop me an e-mail on [email protected] with the subjet NEW FOOTBALL TEAM, otherwise I might think it is a spam e-mail and delete before reading.

We are looking to put up a team together from this summer and try to join into the finnish (no pro) league next year.
Regards
Last edited by tarmulis9 on Thu May 21, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

hackoff

Re: New Football Team - Want to play? We need players...

Post by hackoff » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm

i am interested , where are you going to play ? wich league 6th division ? are you going to train ?
dont expect to have messi or .... i just can kick the ball :)
Lemme know

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:40 pm

i would like to play in a team but i am in Hamina i think you arent around here :/ pity :/

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:11 pm

It's been long since I've last heard from this. What's the deal, tarmulis? Are you still looking for more players? Or have you dropped the idea alltogether? Let the interest people know...

tarmulis9

Post by tarmulis9 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Nordisch wrote:It's been long since I've last heard from this. What's the deal, tarmulis? Are you still looking for more players? Or have you dropped the idea alltogether? Let the interest people know...

Nordisch, the idea is very much alive, training will probably start from next week as everyone else has been travelling during this summer holz.
Those who were/are interested still have my e-mail from the post above !

tarmulis9

Post by tarmulis9 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm

jogo123 wrote:i have writting many mails to ur yahoo ,but i got no reply, i can be reach here 0403706165 or [email protected] ..if u really need player,am very much ready .
I've dropped you an e-mail, let me know if you dont get it!

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:18 am

I read somewhere around the forums that tarmulis is leaving Finland...so I wonder what's the team's faith. I went to the 2nd training and back then the reality was that we already had a pitch where to play, a reasonable number of players and what was missing was solely subscribing the team into one of those amateur-leagues for helsinkian teams, or whatever. So, has this ever gone forward? Or has all fallen off? I guess that with the soon to come arrival of Winter the overall wish is that this matter is postponed into another season, or what? I'm just speculating in here. Someone who's into the current reality of the team, please fill me in.

fitzcarraldo

Post by fitzcarraldo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 am

Hey Nordisch - did you not go back to Portugal? :?

Iuri has left helsinki for good and to be honest the time for outdoor football is over. So hopefully we will pick it up again next spring.

One of the guys, Gonzalo, was trying to organise a futsal team - PM me if you want his email.

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 pm

Yeah, I went for a while, but now I'm getting back in Finland for good, next month. I never said I'd leave the team, I told Iuri to keep me posted about news regarding the team and he kept doing so (mostly about trainings) until about one month ago. But yeah, I just wanted a quick brief info on how things stood, taking that the person who started this project no longer lives in Finland. I think we should re-organize in next spring, definitly. I don't recall meeting this Gonzalo guy you speak off (probably came into the team later than late July/early August), but sure, I'll want to distract myself sports-wise during the cold season in Finland. I'll PM you for his e-mail right away then.

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Hello

im definately interested in joining, have only just read all the posts so im not sure at what stage everything is right now (who's in charge, whether training is on over winter etc...) however i am just returning from injury and have been getting into some light training. looking now to start training with a squad and looking forward to getting back on the pitch. any information would be greatly appreciated. either contact me in a reply on here or drop me an email at [email protected] hope to hear from somebody soon!!

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Well, word out is that this idea, as originally planned has been aborted. Maybe next Spring/Summer another shot will be given at it. Anyway, seems that by the information you revealed on your post (about the injury and so) you might be expecting more than what this project is/was intended to be. Maybe you'd be better off trying trials with *actual* established amateur finnish teams. Most of the folks transited to a futsal project anyway, so maybe you want to try that too. You'll find more information about that in some thread that's been posted around this area of the forums...what I can tell is that weekly trainings are already happening and there's a reasonable waiting list of people for it actually.

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:29 pm

Well, 'being out with injury' may sound more pro than it really is. all i mean is that i was playing for an ok sunday league/pub side 7 months or so ago when i was still back in the UK. however i did pick up a nasty knee injury and havent played since moving to Finland. Seems a shame that the original plan has been aborted, seemed like there was the startings of something fun. maybe we could push for the plan to get back into action and do some training through the winter before the season starts again in the spring? futsal is no substitute for real football for me. what do you recon???.....

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:33 pm

Well, I have to say that I agree. I do enjoy futsal as a sport as well, but for me there's nothing like playing football on grass. Futsal can get too tactical for me, I am not the most disciplined person in the world, specially when it comes down to sports. I'd love to give continuity to the idea, but finnish winters are harsh, I don't know how many people would we be able to find with the same weather-related bravery as we do seem and say to have. I'm not back in Finland yet, that's happening next month, I really consider the whole futsal deal, as I did contact the person organizing it, seems very well organized to me and all...but, I don't know if I want to lay on a waiting list, among other things, to play a sport that it's not of my main interest. Anyway, this is just me, if you want to discuss the possibility of the 7-sided football team getting back in action, I GUESS I am the most indicated person to it, because I was one of the first to join up with Iuri (tarmulis) and attend the first practisings. Also, all other guys seem really focused on futsal now. So it's either choosing between a start-over in a hard to pull sort of football, or dropping into an already built and running up project in a somewhat less atractive sort of football, as we both reckon futsal is...

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:43 am

Well i say in that case lets do it. When you get back in a month or so's time we can meet up and have a chat about it and get the ball rolling. in the meantime perhaps it would be a good idea to put a few posts around the forums etc to see if anyone would be interested in joining up and maybe starting some training in preperation for next springs season. i have played under a few decent coaches so would be happy to help out running some kind of training even though it would be my first attept! the winters here are harsh but i trained a little a few years ago in minus temperatures and if you have your tracksuit on and your running around as much as you should be then the cold soon dissapears! also of course there are quite a few indoor astroturf pitches etc. available throughout the winter.

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 am

We could try. Let's not put things ahead of what they are exactly right now. Sure I'll try to find the time to meet you up after I move in and discuss the whole idea through. And yeah, recruiting could start as off right now, because even if I don't end up teaming up for the project, you do seem to carry the enough motivation to let things roll. Just one question, how permanent is your situation in Finland? With Iuri's at first seemed to be a thing to last, then I eventually ended up noticing that his situation in Finland wasn't quite a permanent one and things end up the way they did. So I think it'd be pointless if you're looking at this as something to kill some dead time, I think real commitment is a vital thing when trying to start off a project like this...

Well, folks who've met me know I'm not the most skilled player in the world. I think we shouldn't exclude people who want to give it a shot while not being "professional achievers", since if we end up competing it'll always be on a sunday league, which is not very demanding after all. You do seem to have a background of having played in youth formations of established football teams? So I endorse the idea that you could be responsible for training sessions. Our trainings consisted basically of playing a 90 minutes match, it'd be fun to try different things, as it happens in the training sessions of regular teams.

Once after we meet, I'll try to inform myself of pitches to rent and leagues to subscribe to, if we agree that it is a good idea to give a 2nd shot to this project.