Snooker

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Snooker

Post by Ace » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:38 pm

So I just got eurosport and im buzzing because the snookers on at the moment, I have been missing the snooker the past couple of years.

Only problem: the finnish commentator :lol: In Britain snooker commentary is done in whispers, this clowns commentating like its formula 1 or something ;-)

It really changes the viewing experience, im used to watching snooker in a coma like state :lol:

Snooker

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

junot

Re: Snooker

Post by junot » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:42 pm

Ace wrote:So I just got eurosport and im buzzing because the snookers on at the moment, I have been missing the snooker the past couple of years.

Only problem: the finnish commentator :lol: In Britain snooker commentary is done in whispers, this clowns commentating like its formula 1 or something ;-)

It really changes the viewing experience, im used to watching snooker in a coma like state :lol:
I was playing snooker (and darts) on saturday night in a place on Mäkelänkätu.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:48 pm

junot wrote:I was playing snooker (and darts) on saturday night in a place on Mäkelänkätu.
Didn't see you at the bash on saturday mate, did you make it?

Wombat

Post by Wombat » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:49 pm

I don't know if your TV will support it but there's two audio channels on Eurosport. There's always the choice of Swedish or the mute button. Maybe it's time to start watching snooker with a few beers and a pizza. ;)

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:50 pm

Wombat wrote:I don't know if your TV will support it but there's two audio channels on Eurosport.
I dont think my TV supports that mate, but i'll investigate, cheers :thumbsup:

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:16 pm

Ace wrote:
Wombat wrote:I don't know if your TV will support it but there's two audio channels on Eurosport.
I dont think my TV supports that mate, but i'll investigate, cheers :thumbsup:

Actually... I think it's more a matter of will your remote support that.
You should have a button I-II on your remote for it to work...

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:59 pm

That O'Sullivan chappy gives me the creeps. I can't watch him...he reminds me of a mass murderer or something <shudder> :shock:
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:22 pm

It's the hair that does that.
He didn't use to have long hair.
It does look crappy :roll:

neil

Post by neil » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:22 pm

Ace wrote:So I just got eurosport and im buzzing because the snookers on at the moment, I have been missing the snooker the past couple of years.

Just turn it down, or use the mute button.
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:44 pm

It were better in t'old days with Joe Davis and Ted and a room full of cigar smoke. Now Joe, he were a gent.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

junot

Post by junot » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:53 am

Ace wrote:Didn't see you at the bash on saturday mate, did you make it?
I wanted to come along but my Finnish friends were having a sledging, snooker and drinking day for a birthday celebration and I was obliged to hang out with them. The sledging at Myyrmäki was great excellent.
I'm back in Bolton now..........I saw that finnish t**t hyypiä score against us yesterday :wink: cracking game :)
phil_h

simon

Post by simon » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:42 am

Were Utd lucky again this week :twisted:

They get al the luck but I suppose that Ace would state that you make you luck :wink:

My team are gradually falling away now :(

junot

Post by junot » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:50 am

simon wrote:Were Utd lucky again this week :twisted:

They get al the luck but I suppose that Ace would state that you make you luck :wink:

My team are gradually falling away now :(
Howard seems to be getting a little jittery these days too.......it's an interesting time for him :)

I guess the champions league will be out of Charlton's reach, but the UEFA cup places will be wide open, you're as good as any of the other teams that are going for it.
phil_h

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:25 am

WLM wrote:It were better in t'old days with Joe Davis and Ted and a room full of cigar smoke. Now Joe, he were a gent.
Joe and his Brother Fred..and I think it was Ted Pulman in the 1960s were responsible for the transformation of the game into what we see today..
As you say WLM real they were real gents...I remember Joe and Fred playing and exhibition match in a Britsh Legion Club (do they still exist?) to raise money for some charity.
There were over 200 guys watching for over and hour and the only noise was the clunk of balls.

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:42 am

simon wrote:Were Utd lucky again this week :twisted:
Why? It was the 89th minute not the 98th this time ;-) Saha's looking good 8)

Cracking snooker game on euro sport last night BTW, creepy O Sullivan steaming ahead only to bottle it Arsenal style at the end and young Hunter to steal it. Quality Masters snooker 8)