MTV3 sports with bells on

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:57 am

Heippa,

I've read that MTV3, or most likely MTV3+, will be offering improved coverage of F1 and hockey. The snag is that it won't be a free service. The yearly rates are something like 58 euros for F1 and 43 euros for hockey (SM-liiga only).

For the F1, MTV3 promises no ad breaks (hooray!) and additional features, which let's face it could be anything from a regular hour-long show about the life of the Foster girls, to in-depth analysis of technical development team-by-team. Or we could be really lucky and get extra driver interviews... :roll:

For the hockey, at least one game from every round of the play-offs will be shown. I had expected this to be the case without having to pay for it.

Is anyone going to be taking up either the F1 or hockey option - or both?

If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could let us all know how it is and whether you think it's worth the money.

If the F1 package means I don't have to listen to that screaming idiot Tomi Tuominen, then I think 58 euros is a bargain.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:16 am

But will they still show the normal F1 and Hockey games live ?

Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:55 am

They'll still show F1 as it is now, with ad breaks. I assume they will still show Hockey Night evening shows and the Sunday games. I hope so!
HS reported "at least one game from each round of the play-offs will be shown on digital or normal MTV3".