Wales 0 Scotland 4!!!!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Gonzo

Wales 0 Scotland 4!!!!

Post by Gonzo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:32 pm

Not really.

The other way about: Wales 4 Scotland 0 :oops:

Still, I like to not just bury my head in the sand concerning these matters, but completely submerge my whole body.

Go on Scotland! :o

Cos it's strange, isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaagghhh!!' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.
Tommy Cooper

Wales 0 Scotland 4!!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:10 pm

I do feel sorry for the Scots...........................NAAAAH! I don't. Hope they get stuffed every game..............in every sport.

gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:22 pm

Wohoo!

pity we got stuffed by the Irish at the rugby though. Just as I was starting to think we actually had a shot at the '70's glory days again...

Gonzo

Er...

Post by Gonzo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:08 pm

maxwell wrote:I do feel sorry for the Scots...........................NAAAAH! I don't. Hope they get stuffed every game..............in every sport.

:(
If you don't mind me asking: why such animosity towards your friends in the north, Maxwell?

Oh, and we probably won't get stuffed in every sport. We still have ladies curling and lawn bowls! Come on!
Cos it's strange, isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaagghhh!!' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.
Tommy Cooper

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:44 pm

You forgot to mention all the Scottish tossers..........of the caber.

I have my reasons for not wishing the best for our Celtic cousins up north.
I'm from Cornish stock but I didn't relish being boffed around when I attempted to give my support to the Scots in the '74 World Cup in Germany.

I learnt my lesson that day and have had my philosophy reinforced by constantly listening to the deafening cheers whenever an English team loses.

Gonzo

The way things should be...

Post by Gonzo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:54 pm

maxwell wrote: ...have had my philosophy reinforced by constantly listening to the deafening cheers whenever an English team loses.

Well, to be fair, it does always kind of surprise me that English people seem so keen to support the other home nations at sport, considering the contempt with which the rest of the UK hold the English sports teams!

I cannot really speak for the Welsh or the Irish, but I can tell you that nary a Scotland match passes without a rousing chorus of "We hate Jimmy Hill. He's a poof, he's a poof!" pouring down from the stands.

But come on Maxwell. Should one not be above such petty squabbling? It is precisely this "I don't care what they say, I'll support the kilt wearing heathens anyway" attitude that riles the Scots so, and no amount of abuse should budge the English from that position. Otherwise, where will we all be?

The natural order of the world as we know it will crumble and all that will remain will be Jimmy Hill's blood stained chin protruding from a crumpled mass that once was our healthy, neighbourly, historically appropriate love-hate relationship.

All together now: "We hate Jimmy Hill..."
Tommy Cooper