Nilsia Tahkovouri /Savo Winter Olympics bid.

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:06 pm

Nilsia is NE of Kupio..small town even by Savo standards..
So I was a bit surprised to read in Saturdays Ilta Sanomat a three page article about the bid/aim to stage the Winter Olympics in 2020.
They already have advanced plans on how to over come problem number one..."Not high enough hills!"
http://www.tahko.com/?cId=11
They intend to attack this problem in two ways.."downwards"..drain a deep lake..and "up wards"...allow near by mines to piles their slag/scree/extracts on top of existing ski sloops.
The comments of a local when asked his opinion...
"Viituks man!"... :roll:
rough translation of this verb from Savo to English..." to go away and attempt an impossible feat of sex with ones self!"
:wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:39 pm

Cool! Let's build the Alps in Savo! I'd be happy for my tax euros to do that?

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:22 pm

Tahko's always icy in my opinion. I think it's got something to do with the direction of the slopes and the prevailing winds, but no sooner does any snow fall there before it gets blown away. I buggered up my back there some years ago when I hit a huge patch of sheet ice halfway down their Vauhtirinne.

Story sounds like it is five weeks early.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:43 pm

WLM wrote:Story sounds like it is five weeks early.
Daah.. April the First you mean...Two of my colleagues come from Nilsia area and apparently the article has caused quite a stir amongst the locals...." developer invasion threats Nilsia!" seems to be the most frequent theme in the bars since Saturday!