Jokerit out of the play offs!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Sara

Post by Sara » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:13 pm

well they can now start their summer holiday! :twisted:

Kärpät whipped them! :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:43 pm

Did they throw large beach-balls onto the ice? That's the traditional send-off...
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:45 pm

WLM wrote:Did they throw large beach-balls onto the ice? That's the traditional send-off...
Yep. Dont normally watch Ice hockey but watched that game tonight. The beach balls on the ice was a nice touch ;-) I like that :lol:

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:47 pm

I wondered, since Jokerit were at home. If it had been in Oulu there'd have been a deluge of them.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:28 am

Even the samba troupe wasn't of help. Was a good game, even though there wasn't that much of a crowd.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:31 am

sparks1061 wrote:YES!!!!! :D :D

Now need HIFK to win at home tomorrow and I will be a very happy bunny :D :D
If HIFK loose tomorrow that mean no Helsinki/Espoo teams left in the competition.
Must be long time since there were none in the last four.
It will also show that money should not buy the SHL...but it does control the teams who can play in the SHL.... :twisted:
My main gripe about the SHL is there is no religation of the bottom teams so no chance for any second div team to ever make it into the SHL..e.g There is no team from Vantaa in the SHL top div. They consistantly win the second div but there is no promotion ..but teams play in the SHL from Cities and towns with a much smaller faciltity and population and consistantly sit at the bottom of the SHL. They of course vote for no change in the SHL structure.

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:10 am

Great result!! Another exciting game whichcould have gone either way! Jokerit started off strong, but Kärpät definitley had the better share of the play in the last 30 minutes - Jokerit were apparently getting quite tired. It was good to see that the game was a bit more sportsmanlike than previous ones - not so much playing to the cameras by certain Jokerit players!
Looking forward to the next round!!
They consistantly win the second div but there is no promotion
I have heard rumours that the league will be opened up soon because of teams like SaiPa and Pelicans never being competitive. So there may be a chance soon for Vantaa!

Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:33 am

PeterF wrote: If HIFK loose tomorrow that mean no Helsinki/Espoo teams left in the competition.
Must be long time since there were none in the last four.
It will also show that money should not buy the SHL...but it does control the teams who can play in the SHL.... :twisted:
My main gripe about the SHL is there is no religation of the bottom teams so no chance for any second div team to ever make it into the SHL..e.g There is no team from Vantaa in the SHL top div. They consistantly win the second div but there is no promotion ..but teams play in the SHL from Cities and towns with a much smaller faciltity and population and consistantly sit at the bottom of the SHL. They of course vote for no change in the SHL structure.
Couldn't agree more. It's something they often talk about but is very hard to put in place.

As for no Helsinki teams being in the last four, SHL won't let that happen. Unfortunately :( .
Last edited by Miss Jones on Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mister Jones?

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:33 am

PeterF wrote:My main gripe about the SHL is there is no religation of the bottom teams so no chance for any second div team to ever make it into the SHL..
That sucks :thumbsdown:

simon

Post by simon » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:54 am

So who will play who in the next round

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:04 am

Its all a bit unclear at the moment.
If HIFK win on Thursday, then its

Kärpät v HIFK
TPS v HPK.

If Ilves win it will be

Kärpät v HPK
TPS v Ilves

Since TPS won the league, they automatically play the team who finished worse in the league and Kärpät play the better.
Clear as Mud!! :wink:
No team has won the league and then gone on to win the playoffs however if my sources are correct!

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:24 pm

Ace wrote:
PeterF wrote:My main gripe about the SHL is there is no religation of the bottom teams so no chance for any second div team to ever make it into the SHL..
That sucks :thumbsdown:
A while ago the league was closed off to allow the smaller teams chance to build up their strengths and bank balances. It will be much better once its all opened up again :D

HPK! :mrgreen:

simon

Post by simon » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:53 am

Sara

Can I ask why HPK :?:

I am a HIFK supporter due to finnish family

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:10 pm

I am a Lukko fan and I am proud! :shock: Down with HPK!!! :twisted:
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)