Football thread is too big its time to blow for full time

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
simon

Post by simon » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:33 am

Do we all think its about time we killed this thread. I think the size of this is getting overwhelming for members that have joined half way through this thread and we are missing other footie fans opinions :?

Now we are getting to the end of the seasons and the climax of the CL and the start of the Euro04 comp we could start of another to get more interest.

What do we all think.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:48 am

Simon can you and Ace get into a corner together and sort it out.
It needs t obe made more readable perhaps two threads ..the on the pitch game news, :roll: and the bed room news. :roll:

simon

Post by simon » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:52 am

Im more than happy.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:03 am

How about a separate thread for the champions league and another one for the euro2004?
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:27 am

PeterF wrote:Simon can you and Ace get into a corner together and sort it out.
It needs t obe made more readable perhaps two threads ..the on the pitch game news, :roll: and the bed room news. :roll:
Its not too easy to split like that as its all mixed up. Sure we can split threads in pieces but we cant stick different pieces together.

Fair point though Simon I'll lock the thread now, I agree with you.

Gonzo

Warning: too much info!

Post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:33 am

Ace wrote:Fair point though Simon I'll lock the thread now, I agree with you.
Phew! As I said in the Cry-baby forum, its just too dang big! Lock it and throw away the key! Well, that's a bit hasty. At least discourage people from going there. Put a warning sign up or something. :!:
Cos it's strange, isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaagghhh!!' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.
Tommy Cooper

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:00 pm

And so it ends, not with a bang but with a wånker:

Desailly fried his own bollocks with that handball

Classic stuff. We shall not see its like again. :)

Frankly, I reckon the cricket (well, Pakistan v. India, anyways) is more interesting right now. If Pakistan fail to make the follow-on, will they invade Kashmir?
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:28 pm

WLM wrote:Frankly, I reckon the cricket (well, Pakistan v. India, anyways) is more interesting right now. If Pakistan fail to make the follow-on, will they invade Kashmir?
This is about as far as my cricket interest stretches thesedays ;-)