Pure Drama!!!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ian

Pure Drama!!!

Post by Ian » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:10 pm

Karpat have just beaten HIFK to stay in the playoffs! Having lost the last game at home 5-0 thanks to a great HIFK goalie, a bent ref and an inability to score, they have just won in Helsinki 3-2 in overtime after being totally outplayed for nearly 2 periods. To top it off MTV3 decided to show the overtime period free on the digital MTV3+ channel, however it didn't work and no one in Oulu could see it! Even the playoff subscribers, so a tense few minutes went by untill we heard that Karpat had won.........Roll on Sunday!!! :D

Pure Drama!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:17 pm

We had to re-calibrate the bloody box to see it. Pub packed with amateurs so other entertainment was served...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

PeterF

Re: Pure Drama!!!

Post by PeterF » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:32 am

Ian wrote:Karpat have just beaten HIFK to stay in the playoffs! Having lost the last game at home 5-0 thanks to a great HIFK goalie, a bent ref and an inability to score, they have just won in Helsinki 3-2 in overtime after being totally outplayed for nearly 2 periods. To top it off MTV3 decided to show the overtime period free on the digital MTV3+ channel, however it didn't work and no one in Oulu could see it! Even the playoff subscribers, so a tense few minutes went by untill we heard that Karpat had won.........Roll on Sunday!!! :D
Great show Kärpät....
To come back after that 5-0 loss at home and being 2-0 down after 2 periods... About the "bent referee?"...well I suppose that sending two Kärpät players off for 20+5 was bit OTT....If he had done to Jokerit at Hartwell he would have been lynched.

Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:39 am

Hyvä Kärpät! :D That was some turnaround, I hope they manage to do the same with the series and knock HIFK out.
The MTV3+ channel changed (from 24 to 13 on my box).
Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mister Jones?

simon

Post by simon » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:08 am

Personally I hope Karpat loose!!!

From what my misses told me, during the Oulu game when HIFK won the fans were throwing coins at the players :twisted: Also watching the game yesterday was it me but did the commentators seem to want KArpat to win that game it seemed that they got more excited when Karpat had a chance than when they did for HIFK.

Buy all accounts they should have won the game as they had the better players so whats new :?

I hope they loose the dirty bästärds. And that manager hes been taking lessons from SAF.

Getting stuffed 0-5 at home they dont deserve to win :!: :!:

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:23 am

So now it is going to be a TPS - Kärpät final. I think its going to be a great series and really look.
Yesterdays game was also really exciting. Even down to the 'oh so close' dissallowed goal in overtime.

As for the coin throwing allegations, I was at the game and didn't see anything like that. I doubt wether coins would have been thrown at the HIFK players, since the problem was with the ref.
I also believe that one of the commentators is and ex Kärpät player which may explain any bias!

8) :lol: