Softball/baseball fever!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Spectra

Softball/baseball fever!

Post by Spectra » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:43 pm

Hey guys!

Do you know of any groups which get together to play softball or baseball in the Helsinki area? I heard of the women's softball league, but they seem kinda competitive. Is it just me or is it really hard to find 'just playing for fun' sports teams in Finland? :roll:

Or are any of you guys up for playing ball? All I've got is a glove...but I've been itching to play for a while. Maybe just wait a few more weeks til it's really warm enough to play.

Softball/baseball fever!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Re: Softball/baseball fever!

Post by Ace » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:31 am

Spectra wrote:Hey guys!

Do you know of any groups which get together to play softball or baseball in the Helsinki area? I heard of the women's softball league, but they seem kinda competitive. Is it just me or is it really hard to find 'just playing for fun' sports teams in Finland? :roll:

Or are any of you guys up for playing ball? All I've got is a glove...but I've been itching to play for a while. Maybe just wait a few more weeks til it's really warm enough to play.
Its pesäpallo here mate ;-)

roopemills

Post by roopemills » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:45 am

The Espoo Expos are an "American" style team. They might be a little more serious than what you're looking for but it looks like they have a junior's team too! :D

http://www.kolumbus.fi/expos/english/index3.htm

I might be up for a casual game once in a while... Only it's been a long time since I've played (about 20 years) and I don't have a glove (I'm left-handed).

-Roope