TPS vs Kärpät

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ian

TPS vs Kärpät

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:41 am

So the first game has gone to Kärpät who beat TPS yesterday 2-1 in another great game! It only needed a moment of magic from Tenkrat to pull Kärpät back into the game in the third and a great team effort powerplay goal by Machulda with a minute to go to secure a very important away win.
People here in Oulu are now starting to believe that this year it may just happen!! Lets hope Kärpät don't rest on their laurels like they so often do!
Next game is tomorrow in Oulu probably followed by a few beers!!

8) :lol: :beer_yum: :sun:
Last edited by Ian on Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TPS vs Kärpät

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:18 pm

I hope they loose :wink:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:57 pm

simon wrote:I hope they loose :wink:
There are only two set of supporters who would post such a comment.
Ice Hockey is not soccer simon..most fans do not make such comments...but...
HIFK and Jokeriet...are bitter because there is no Helsinki team in the final.
HIFK lost their chances they were (as usual) more interested in how good they look on TV than defending. Jokeriet were more interested how many were being watched by NHL scouts.

simon

Post by simon » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:24 pm

Fair comment PeterF

I take it back

Seriously tho I hope they actually win. They were unlucky last year loosing in straight games to a team Tappara that finished below them in the league.

That bit I still dont really understand why they have these knockouts. You win the league you are the champions end of

Any just to make sure I DONT HOPE THEY LOOSE

simon

Post by simon » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:28 pm

PeterF wrote: HIFK lost their chances they were (as usual) more interested in how good they look on TV than defending.
I think I would and many more would have to disagree with you the old chum.

The goal that knocked them out was a good bit of play from both sides. HIFK just got caught short.

Ian

Didnt you thin that first Karpat goal was similiar to the 2nd HIFK goal on sunday?

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:06 pm

Didnt you thin that first Karpat goal was similiar to the 2nd HIFK goal on sunday?
It was very similar to Kuhta's goal. Also identical to Tenkrats other goal in the first game against HIFK during overtime.
It really makes things exciting when you have a player like Tenkrat on the team who can skate fast and has good puck control too. It was great when he came back to Oulu mid season after a bad spell in Russia

I think Kärpät were able to beat HIFK simply because they only had one line that could score and who they over used towards the end. The good thing about these final games is that both sides have 4 good lines and want to play attacking hockey.
Jokerit just tried to fight their way through the games. :roll:

simon

Post by simon » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:19 pm

Ian wrote:.
Jokerit just tried to fight their way through the games. :roll:
I agree with that Jokerit didnt seem to have anything special this year.

What do you think about this first to 3 system. Talking to my wife and we thought maybe the final should be one game at a neutral venue much like CL or FA Cup. Or maybe thats because I have been brought up with the one game final system.

Not too keen on this play off system as I said in my last post.

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:23 pm

Thats the way it is I guess!! Its the same in the NHL too.
It certainly cranks up the excitement levels gradually! The atmosphere at the games here in Oulu has been fantastic! I like the system!! It also gives the team who came highest in the league home advantage, which is why yesterdays game was such a big one for Kärpät to win.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:06 pm

Well it has been two good years in succesion for me my boss is a Kärpät freekie.. :roll: .he travels to watch their every match during the play offs ..so the longer they are still in the longer he is out of the office :wink: "visiting customers".. :wink:
He went visit customers in Turku yesterday ..and then traveled direct to Oulu to visit customers there tomorrow.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:04 pm

Well Oulu has had an all night street party and now has the resulting hangover...Only the second time in the history of Kärpät they are Finnish Champions....If TPS had won it would have been their 10th tittle.
Did anyone notice the gracious way Saku Koivu's father, who is the chief coach of TPS, congratulated Kärpät..I wonder if Sir Alex would be as gracious if MU loose the FA Cup Final :wink:

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:51 am

I was at the game on Sunday and it was fantastic!! A great atmosphere, great reasult and a great night afterwards.
The team all came down to one of the local clubs later in the evening which got a bit riotous, but the whole day was great!!

:D 8) :beer_yum: