What did Big Ron Say.........

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
simon

Post by simon » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:32 am

Apparently he said something racist off air in the UK but it was still live in Middle East.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 648051.stm

Would like to know what he said.

Cant really see the Guardian letting him stay on either.

Who looses out ....... Well not us :wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

stig

Re: What did Big Ron Say.........

Post by stig » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:38 am

simon wrote:Apparently he said something racist off air in the UK but it was still live in Middle East.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 648051.stm

Would like to know what he said.

Cant really see the Guardian letting him stay on either.

Who looses out ....... Well not us :wink:
Not that I read that sort of thing... but I believe the Sun's webpage has full details.

I dont read it. Honest. No really.
"Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is gooood.........."
- Phil. 17th June 2004

Ktulu

Re: What did Big Ron Say.........

Post by Ktulu » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:02 am

simon wrote:Would like to know what he said.
He called him a "f**king lazy ni*ger".

mrjimsfc

Post by mrjimsfc » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:56 pm

Well....does the shoe fit? One way or the other, somebody better clean up his act! At any rate, by using such despicable terms for another human being, was the only way he felt he could convey his true feelings. Perhaps the person at whom such a terrible invective was directed should spend more of his efforts on working hard and less time in trying to get laid. :twisted:

Ktulu

Post by Ktulu » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:31 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:Well....does the shoe fit? One way or the other, somebody better clean up his act! At any rate, by using such despicable terms for another human being, was the only way he felt he could convey his true feelings. Perhaps the person at whom such a terrible invective was directed should spend more of his efforts on working hard and less time in trying to get laid. :twisted:
Why is it a race thing when a person of colour does something wrong (persieved or real)... is it a lack or respect?
I look at it this way... don't say anything about somebody unless you've got the balls to say it to his face. You'll probably find there's less whities calling us nigg3rs then :wink: (ps I'm brown, not black, but I'm sure you get my drift).

ps I don't follow soccer at all (can't stand the game)... it was just on the news here in NZ... so I have no opinion on what this guy is like at all.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:39 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:At any rate, by using such despicable terms for another human being, was the only way he felt he could convey his true feelings.
Good point! If you wish to convey your true feelings that you are a racist bigot, then those are the required terms :(

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:26 am

Richard wrote:
mrjimsfc wrote:At any rate, by using such despicable terms for another human being, was the only way he felt he could convey his true feelings.
Good point! If you wish to convey your true feelings that you are a racist bigot, then those are the required terms :(
Spot on Richard. He was right out of order and he knows it.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:04 am

Here is the full story...plus previous references to his views ..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... tid=132562

mrjimsfc

Post by mrjimsfc » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:08 pm

If it had been a white guy, he would have called him a lazy f***ing a**hole. That, however would never make the news. The lazy guy who was called an a**hole and spent too much time trying to get laid would certainly never have all the rest of the white people in the world whine about it, and the one who said it would never get fired. The last time I ever heard the term "lazy f***ing n***er", it was one "Afro-American" speaking/yelling at another "Afro-American". But then it must have been ok....? Why? Because they are of the same race? Is the racial slur any less offensive? Would a black guy ever get fired for calling a white guy "a biggoted f***ing honkey"? Would the white guy even care? Hmmm....

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:11 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:If it had been a white guy, he would have called him a lazy f***ing a**hole. That, however would never make the news. The lazy guy who was called an a**hole and spent too much time trying to get laid would certainly never have all the rest of the white people in the world whine about it, and the one who said it would never get fired. The last time I ever heard the term "lazy f***ing n***er", it was one "Afro-American" speaking/yelling at another "Afro-American". But then it must have been ok....? Why? Because they are of the same race? Is the racial slur any less offensive? Would a black guy ever get fired for calling a white guy "a biggoted f***ing honkey"? Would the white guy even care? Hmmm....
Regardless, we all know that word's out of bounds for white people. He knew that too. He was off key and well out of order. End of!

mrjimsfc

Post by mrjimsfc » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:19 pm

Ace wrote:Regardless, we all know that word's out of bounds for white people. He knew that too. He was off key and well out of order. End of!
Oh, you mean white people are held to a higher standard than other races! Now that does seem racist. It implies that other races aren't advanced enough to be held to the same standard as a white person. Obviously not the end. :twisted:

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:43 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:Oh, you mean white people are held to a higher standard than other races! Now that does seem racist. It implies that other races aren't advanced enough to be held to the same standard as a white person. Obviously not the end. :twisted:
Bollocks :lol:

Ktulu

Post by Ktulu » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:02 am

mrjimsfc wrote:If it had been a white guy, he would have called him a lazy f***ing a**hole. That, however would never make the news. The lazy guy who was called an a**hole and spent too much time trying to get laid would certainly never have all the rest of the white people in the world whine about it, and the one who said it would never get fired. The last time I ever heard the term "lazy f***ing n***er", it was one "Afro-American" speaking/yelling at another "Afro-American". But then it must have been ok....? Why? Because they are of the same race? Is the racial slur any less offensive? Would a black guy ever get fired for calling a white guy "a biggoted f***ing honkey"? Would the white guy even care? Hmmm....
The reason it made the news is because a person in the public eye got caught being a racist, red-neck pratt... the more people like that are allowed to express their views in public, the more children will think it's ok (not good).
If it had have been somebody calling someone a honkey, then that's just as bad (fortunately Farrakhan isn't a sports announcer).
No racism is good, end of story. If someones lazy, then they're lazy, no need to bring race into it.

simon

Post by simon » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:21 am

Just cause the guy used the n$gger term dosnt mean he is a racist.

The n$gger term here in Finland is used all the time by most of the oldies, its just the way it is but that does not mean that all the old folk over here a racist. Its was just an expression of anger at the heat of the moment. Sure he cant use language like that, he was out of order and he has paid for it end of. But to term the guy a racist is pure böllöx.

He did more for black people playing football in the early years than any other manager around.

Ktulu

Post by Ktulu » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:14 pm

Whatever honkey...