Wow. Kimi finished...

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
gavin

Post by gavin » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:40 am

:D

Wellllll, I thought the Ferrari joke was a pretty good one, and fair had me laughing out loud... :wink: You could easily insert 'scouse' into that joke as well :)

But since this seems to be turning into a quest for information on the Land of my Fathers...

I was born in Tredegar, in the South Wales Vallyes, where the main industry was coal mining. (You can see it from my genetics- short, stocky, angry and looks much better in the dark :wink: ) (BTW, both my Father and Grandfather were business owners, nothing to do with coal mining, but I digress...)

For reasons I really can't be bothered going into now, unemployment is horrific, and I am sad to say, so are some of the places in the valleys. Bleak, springs to mind, in terms of prospects and outlook, so I'm certian that there is a lot of crime (boredom + no money + no prospects = f¤¤k it attitude) This could also be said for the costal south, where manufacturing (was) the main industry, specifically steel.

Though, when I think of Wales, I rather thing of the stunning scenery (and yes, before someone else says it, the sheep) :roll:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:44 am

Looks like one of Salfords finest that ;-)

"eeyah mate have you got a spare ciggy"?
"No sorry"
"So I can keep all the ciggys I find on you"?

;-)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:09 pm

gavin wrote::D

Tredegar,
Though, when I think of Wales, I rather thing of the stunning scenery ( :roll:

Tredegar..means to me the "Head of the valley Road" and the views looking north from it....it used to be a pleasant drive..I suspect one dare not attempt to admire the views now for more than a millisecond...Artic behind flashing lights and two line abreast approaching direct ahead.. while..(getting back to the thread)... attempting to re-act Schumacher/Montaya's exit from the first bend on Sunday.

p.s love the stuff about Rhymney on the Tredegar www site..
:roll:

Kimi

Post by Kimi » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:32 pm

I just picked up my tickets to the USGP. I'm hoping that Kimi or DC has a fighting chance this year. I've been to every one at the Indianapolis track, and was lucky enough to see Mika's last win.