Wow. Kimi finished...

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
gavin

Wow. Kimi finished...

Post by gavin » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:26 pm

Amazing. Both DC and KR made it over the line.

Now I have to do the fecking washing up for a week. Bah. :wink:

Wow. Kimi finished...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Make

Post by Make » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:37 am

And even more amazing it was that he actually scored a point so he can finally say he's in the game! ;)

gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:39 am

Well, I'd hardly call 1 point 'in the game' but both cars finishing (especially after the qualifying problems) should give everyone at Maclaren a glimmer of hope...

Though, I think it was the first time I've ever seen Kimi smile :D

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:48 am

Yes, but dont worry, MaCLaren has already a brand new car ready for june. This one will blow the others away.
Now where did I hear this already? :wink:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Make

Post by Make » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:50 am

But that's a bit late for this season! I think there's no way for Kimi to win this anymore!

gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:52 am

Of course Kimi can still win...

All we have to do is pour a few spoons of sugar into the Ferraris fuel before each race :twisted:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:06 pm

Heads have started to roll at Mclarean..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 656427.stm

Martin Whitmarsh, formerly managing director of the McLaren team, has been promoted to oversee the Mercedes' Ilmor engine design base as well.
Ilmor's former managing director, Hans-Ulrich Maik, has left the company.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:30 pm

gavin wrote:Of course Kimi can still win...

All we have to do is pour a few spoons of sugar into the Ferraris fuel before each race :twisted:
Actually they would need a few kilograms of sugar to make sure neither Ferrari, nor BMW Williams or BAR get enough sugar ;)
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

simon

Post by simon » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:18 am

Got sent this today.....

The Ferrari Formula 1 Team fired their entire pit crew yesterday. The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British Government's "Work for the Dole" scheme and employ the Welsh.

The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from Townhill were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, where as Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech equipment.

It was thought to be an excellent, yet bold move, by the Ferrari management. As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari would have an advantage over every team.

However....

Ferrari got more than they bargained for. At the crew's first practice session, not only were the Welsh pit crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the vehicle over to the McLaren team for 8 bottles of Stella, a kilogram of speed and some photos of Coulthard's bird in the shower.

gavin

Post by gavin » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:02 am

simon wrote:.......Ferrari got more than they bargained for. At the crew's first practice session, not only were the Welsh pit crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the vehicle over to the McLaren team for 8 bottles of Stella, a kilogram of speed and some photos of Coulthard's bird in the shower.
:lol: Nice one!

Make

Post by Make » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:11 am

gavin wrote:
simon wrote:.......Ferrari got more than they bargained for. At the crew's first practice session, not only were the Welsh pit crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the vehicle over to the McLaren team for 8 bottles of Stella, a kilogram of speed and some photos of Coulthard's bird in the shower.
Is this a joke? or is this for real?

Because it would be a good change :P

simon

Post by simon » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:37 am

Make wrote:
gavin wrote:
Is this a joke? or is this for real?

:P
I think you would have to ask Gavin about this one. Dont know if he knows the area.....I dont

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:53 am

simon wrote: I think you would have to ask Gavin about this one. Dont know if he knows the area.....I dont
Townhill is not the best part of Swansea...
:wink:
http://www.cec.org.uk/info/pubs/profiles/02.htm

simon

Post by simon » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:28 am

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:32 am

Dont know the photo trims of his feet/bover boots :wink: