Helsinki softball team wants more players!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Spectra

Post by Spectra » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:31 pm

Ok, it's spring and time to grab your mitts and bats and head out on the field! Softball!

I met yesterday with 12 other players, mainly women, to play some ball in Käpylä, Helsinki. There is no softball league at the moment, but it seems there are enough people interested in playing to have a few games this spring/summer. At least two games are scheduled, plus there will be a women's softball exhibition game in June during a pesäpallo tournament. But it sounds like the main goal this year is just to have fun! :D

There were a few guys out there too yesterday! And most everyone was Finnish, but open to talking in English too, so no problems there.

So! If you guys are interested, you can contact Mikaela by email at "[email protected]" and she can give you the details about where to meet. It sounds like the group will try to meet Sunday evenings. There's also a website you can check out... http://www.baseball.fi. It's mostly in Finnish though.

I had a lot of fun yesterday, and they're trying to recruit as many players as possible, so come on out and let's play ball! 8) It's a great way to meet some people too, by the way... :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Spectra

Post by Spectra » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:43 pm

So, the next practice is over the weekend!

Be there!

Sunday, May 5th
16:00
Velodrome, Käpylä, Helsinki

Everyone is welcome! :lol:

Riko

Post by Riko » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:40 am

Sounds like fun. It's been quite a while since I've played softball let alone have to run anywhere. What's the number for the paramedics again? 112?
:wink:
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Riko

Post by Riko » Mon May 10, 2004 7:38 pm

I wasn't able to attend the practice on the 9th, is there another this weekend? Where is Velodrom stadium?
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Spectra

Post by Spectra » Fri May 14, 2004 6:52 pm

Hey Riko and anyone else interested!

The next practice should be this coming Sunday (the 16th), but I'm not yet sure at what time. It should be sometime in the afternoon.

Velodrome stadium is right behind the Messukeskus (Fair/Exhibition Hall), and you can get to it by getting off at the Pasila train station. Here's a (long!) link to a map of it.

http://kartta.hel.fi/kktesti/palvelupis ... alue=77089

Hope you can make it!

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Sat May 15, 2004 9:58 am

any change that there are mitts for loan there... i'd like to play a bit, but have no gear...

skkeeter

Post by skkeeter » Sat May 15, 2004 11:12 am

Practice should be at 5:30 in the soccer field just north of the Velodrome. About 4 of us dont have gloves so we are sharing until an order is made.
We need lots more people!!!!!!

Brian

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat May 15, 2004 11:15 am

Stuck :thumbsup: Have fun

Spectra

softball tournament, May 22

Post by Spectra » Wed May 19, 2004 10:30 pm

This coming Saturday, May 22:

Softball tournament in Vantaa!
...starting at 10:00.....

Nothing serious, no major competition--basically it's been put together to have fun. Anyone and everyone is invited, experienced or not, so come on out and run some bases!

We've been practicing in a group of about 15 since earlier this spring, but it sounds like this tournament will have more players, but the more the merrier, of course! :D

Here's a link for the softball website and more info:

http://www.softball.fi/fin/index.php?ne ... &newIndex=

Spectra

Post by Spectra » Sun May 30, 2004 11:03 am

From now on the team will be meeting every sunday at 17:30 to practice at the field behind the Velodrome.

Now the sun is out and it feels great to be out there with glove in hand, and the clink of the bat is like spring music!
Whether you've played before or not, come on out! 8)